Hard case for powered toaster and remote: Options for transport only and options for rack

• Looking for the latest recommendations from people on some hard cases that will work for transporting my powered Kemper toaster and profiler remote and a few cables.

I think there are two schools of thought on this: only transportation (i.e. put it in and take it out for use) or something more in the lines of a rack mount where it just stays racked all the time and you just pull the covers at the gig and plug in. I'm leaning right now for transport only because I dont think i'd want to bring a whole rack to some things like a church gig and I only need the basics to bring for band practice. In looking at old threads, the Pelican 1610 case (model correct?) seems be a great option for this to transport just the toaster, remote and a few cables. Is this still the latest/greatest for this?

For the rack mount I have a buddy who bought a Gator molded case on wheels (8 U) and then a shelf. He mounted the Kemper to the shelf via the feet screws. Remote sits in the back of the rack (unsecured?) and he has a power condidtioner racked with it. Seems heavy though and a bit much to lug around.. (but easy setup).

Curious about the options and if people went either route and then regretted it..

• I am using this one, and I am very happy with it: https://www.thomann.de/de/thon…rslt_kemper+case_366653_1

It stores Kemper, Remote a few cables and is still light enough to be carried a few hundred meters. Just to be placed on top of my Atomic CLR (non-wedge). Quite compact.

I've seen that one and did like it. Curious if there is anything like that available in the US. Or maybe they ship to the US.

So question on that case: how do they keep the profiler head from moving around in the rack? (Same with foot controller). Is there enough foam around the inside of the case where it'll keep it in place?

Edited 2 times, last by kingsxman ().

• I have looked into that as well and I like the concept. If you're touring this is needed for sure but for everyday use a case that weights almost 9 Kg is too much in my eyes. In total this is almost 20 Kg so double the toaster and remote

• I have looked into that as well and I like the concept. If you're touring this is needed for sure but for everyday use a case that weights almost 9 Kg is too much in my eyes. In total this is almost 20 Kg so double the toaster and remote

I thought that the Thon was only 8.7 KG? I see that the Pelican case is roughly the same weight.. So from that standpoint...its maybe a wash.

• To carry everything in one box I would choose the Pelican 1610 case with wheels. When using this I would also replace the rubber feet on the KPA-head with a set that is a bit taller and will make the head stand above the folding handles on the case when I use the case as a stand for the Kemper.

For mounting in a rack you need minimum a 5U rack. You also need a shelf to mount the KPA-head on unless you find a rack where it can be mounted to the bottom. I prefer to have my KPA-head mounted with a wireless-receiver and a power-conditioner, and thus prefer to mount it in a 6U effects-rack of some sort. The wireless receiver is a 1U unit and the power-conditioner is a 1/2U that is attached upright to one side next to the KPA. There are 6U effects-racks that weigh no more than 5-6kg, although tour-grade shock-racks will be considerably heavier. To keep the number of loose bits to a minimum I also pre-mount the remote with expression-pedals to a pedal-board. This pedal-board has a carry-case where there also is plenty room for cables under the lid.

• I may be leaning now a bit more towards the Thon Kemper/foot controller rack. Its not so big that its going to be too bulky but appears to do what i need it to do (i.e. get my stuff from one place to another in one case) but will also be a quicker setup. I still am curious if there is anything similar that would be in the US? I havent seen it...

• I'm not from the US but I didn't come across similar cases that are not too bulky or didn't require work (like padding out the inside or cutting foam). Heavy touring musician mostly have rack version so the are touring usual rack cases, perhaps that's a reason why there is not a bit market for toaster cases.