• I own ten Gibson guitars including four Les Paul's, some made within the last couple of years. Guess what!?!?!
    Not a single issue with any of them.

Some people just love to hate on Gibson, but it's always the uninformed.

That may be so, but the OP was about a tuning problem, @drog. And you got to admit, there are plenty of threads like this one on the internet.

• Yeah, both the pauls I've had exhibited the infamous G-string tuning problem.

I can definitely think of worse deficiencies in a guitar, but still annoying. I can also see hordes of die-hard gibson fans arm themselves if they change the tuner layout. "Nooo, it has to be like in the old days" and "You can't get the real Les Paul tone with the new tuner layout" :D

• I bought 2 Gibsons made in 2012. They PLEK them, so their action can go low w/o buzzing and playing them is fast and effortless.

The fit and finish were stellar. It doesn't weight a ton (9 lbs and change) and to boot, through the historically correct profiles sounds like the real thing (ie AC/DC, ZZ Top, Clapton Bluesbreaker, you name it)

One was sunburst the the other wine colored. I recorded both and couldn't tell the difference. Identical tones.

IF Gibson had a run of less than stellar guitars, it was before this time. Maybe PLEK has cured many issues with the action if that was the issue.

I DID drop in Grovers with a better ratio to rid it of de-tuning when bending. I'm not a fan of the original style tuners.

Bottom Line: Worth every penny. Fantastic guitars.

• Yeah, both the pauls I've had exhibited the infamous G-string tuning problem.

I can definitely think of worse deficiencies in a guitar, but still annoying. I can also see hordes of die-hard gibson fans arm themselves if they change the tuner layout. "Nooo, it has to be like in the old days" and "You can't get the real Les Paul tone with the new tuner layout" :D

To be fair tuning issues on the g-string can afflict any guitar , it's just how that string is . But, Gibson due to the headstock design does require greater care for setup.
    Yes, I am one of the Gibson traditionalists and like them built as close to the 50's style as I can get ( I hate push pull pots, circuit boards, robot tuners, etc). The Kemper was a big step with tech, lol.

Edited once, last by drog ().

• Thing is all as they have to do is fix the nut and make the head stock like a PRS guitar.
    I always laugh when people come in and say , nah i never had any probs with MY Gibson.
    People have been using it since back when the dead sea was alive.

Checked how many OTHERS have had the problem tho?
    nope :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Hello,
    Depite of all the other hints already given: truss rod adjustment can be a delicate process. Some Guitar necks need "to get used" to a truss rod readjustment. Some rods do not move properly inside the neck, so the final result might not show up instantly. Readjust, wait until tomorrow, then check.
    Good Luck.