Monitor volume

• Hi everybody,

it's me again having some trouble. Probabely because of doing something wrong.

It's about the monitor volume. I seem not to get any volume out of the unbalanced monitor out. I didn't realise before, because I bought a monitor box only with XLR in and thought I just don't have the right cable to connect the KPA and this box. And when I connected this box with the XLR main out, it worked.

Now I tried another monitor box. This one has an unbalanced in. But when I connect it to the KPA, there's no sound either. If I connect it with the unbalanced main out, it works.

I tried to change something by changing the monitor volume in the Output section, but unfortunately this changed nothing. Can anybody tell me, what's the mistake I'm making?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• mmmmmh.....it is since 6911 that it works without problems...

The main outs works both, right?

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• ....no idea, here works everything fine. Try to send a mail to support. I believe somebody else had the same problem....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Yes, I have exactly the same problem, no sound from the monitor output at all. I sent an email to support and got this reply:

and I quote:

"Dear jon,
    unfortunately the guys who knoe how to upgrade you are
    attending NAMM show this week.

Please bare with us, we will process your
    request asap!

In the meantime have fun with the product!"

Not very encouraging is it, the main man goes out and no-one else can help !

edit: they also answered a question that I didn't ask. I know how to upgrade the firmware, I asked how to fix the monitor out !

• by the way, where did you get version 6972 as the latest beta on the website is 6960 ?

when you download the 6960 and install it you'll see that the KPA shows 6972. Is a typo on the webpage

• They emailed me version 7012 today, but it still didn't fix the problem so I'm waiting for them to come back to me again.

• They sent it to me last night, too. And together with a system re-boot (press "system" while starting the kemper) the problem is solved. I works very well.

Ah, I will try pressing system on reboot and see what that does for me.....they didn't mention that !

• They sent it to me last night, too. And together with a system re-boot (press "system" while starting the kemper) the problem is solved. I works very well.

Hey thanks for that tip...it now works. I wonder why Kemper didn't mention that to me in their email.....I suppose I am supposed to guess :D

Works great now, thanks again for your help.

schneidas : I haven't tried the spdif yet....I will try and get around to that later tonight...actually not even sure if I still have and spdif cable. I have spdif inputs on my soundcard but can't locate the cable....will hunt around !