Positive Grid BIAS Distortion Tone Match Distortion Pedal

• My order is in... I'm expecting to see it around the 10th of January. I like the Kemper front end effects very much, but I often wish I had a few more parameters to play with on the OD's and distortions. Even with all the possibilities offered by the Profiler, morphing, 5 different gain structures of the same amp in a performance, the great boost effects, etc., I still love the old school vibe of a pedal to jump on! I have several different pieces from different manufacturers and I'm anxious to see if I can match them well enough to shrink them all into one box. I've tried to do it with Sculpt and Crush Station on the H9 and, although I've stumbled on to some awesome tones, the process of manual tone matching is too tedious and I seem to give up before I'm satisfied. Looking forward to giving Bias a fair shot at making it onto my board!

Anyone who's got some experience with Bias tone matching please lay it on me... I'll need help, I'm sure!

Fats

Art is not a competition

• Placed my order back in October. Seems to be a hardware implementation of their Bias Pedal software, including the tone matching. Which, if I'm not mistaken, seems to be "Dial in something that sounds like the pedal you're trying to match and then we'll EQ it the rest of the way."

But yes, I'd like to reduce my overdrive pedal chain down to just one too. It's looks quite large though, so it may not actually be saving any space in the end...

-djh

• Please give an update after you've had some time with it. Can't justify it right now not being mission critical to my tones but it's certainly possible I could appreciate and fully utilize with the midi and presets

• Will do. I'm still waiting for it to ship and am hoping to s e it by the end of the month. Bias is running a little behind schedule. No worries, I'd rather have it right rather than fast. I've been piddling around with the software, Bias offered it for free over Christmas, and am expecting big things from the hardware.

Fats

Art is not a competition

• I was referring to the 5 available slots for instant access in performance mode and having the option of using the same profile for all 5 slots with different gain structures, effects sets, EQ curves, etc... With that consideration it might seem that the desire for my ultimate programmable distortion box is a bit silly. I'm just a pedal fan boy that wants to keep his collection in front of the Kemper without having a pedal board the size of a flatbed trailer. It's tough to be a man, baby... but it's even tougher to be psycho pedal junkie!!

Fats

Art is not a competition

• The system suggested I start a new thread due to elapsed time... I followed instructions as I am an obedient little boy. It's I long post, didn't want to leave any stones unturned. If anyone has any specific questions feel free. Due to a bug
    In the first run I have spent a great deal of time with it and have been in contact at length with Positive Grid. The new updates are out and I'm thrilled with it! Please refer to the new thread for my review.

Bias Distortion Pedal Review (New Thread)

Fats

Art is not a competition