How to rename a rig when in performance mode...

• Sorry, this seems like it should be a basic thing but for the life of me I cant figure out how to do it...

If I have 5 rigs in a performance....I want to rename one so that I can call it "Lead" or "solo" or whatever. I want to do this from the Kemper...not Rig manager. What is the process to change the rig name so it shows up on my remote as the new name and NOT the name it was copied from?

thx

• ..I want to rename one so that I can call it "Lead" or "solo" or whatever.

In Performance Mode with a selected Profile:
    Push Softbutton 1 "Edit"
    Push Softbutton 4 "Slot Setting"
    Push Softbutton 4 "Rename Slot"

Now you can Edit the slot (Rigname or what ever).
    Then store the whole performance .

• In Performance Mode with a selected Profile:Push Softbutton 1 "Edit"
    Push Softbutton 4 "Slot Setting"
    Push Softbutton 4 "Rename Slot"

Now you can Edit the slot (Rigname or what ever).
    Then store the whole performance .

THanks for the reply. I had done that previously. It will rename it but on the display on the remote it still shows the normal rig name that was originally put in the slot. Its like the only thing that gets renamed that shows up is on the slot tab...and that isnt really readable on the remote or the profiler. I probably need to get a picture to show exactly..

The display will show the performance name...and then the rig/profile that you have in that slot below it. I have 3 performances which I'll call Gig 1, Gig 2 and Gig 3. My rig/profile for example is called 70's Marshall SL Bright which I have in slot 5 of perfomance Gig2. On the display....it shows Gig 2 and then below it 70's Marshall SL Bright. If I do the method above...I can rename the slot to 70's marshall Solo....but the only place that this changes is that little tab on the display where you can see what slot your on. The Rig/Profile name that still shows up on the display (remote and profiler) under Gig 2 is still 70's Marshall SL bright.

not sure if that helps or not.

• not sure if that helps or not.

To see the change you should select another performance and a rig in the new selected performance. Than go back. If this does not help than call support.

To have a more readable Indication of the profile name go to sys-menue and change the display type. (Softbutton 1) Profile name becomes bigger, but you do not see the slot effect status of the rig anymore.

• THanks Sharry. I appreciate the help.

The change didnt take. I took a pic of what I'm talking about. This is the display from the remote:
    The name right under the performance name is what isnt changing. My performance is called GIG_1. The slot that I've circled is what is "supposed" to be displayed from what I can gather...but its not. If you were to expand what the circled slot says, it would actually say 69 Marshall LEAD....but thats not whats displayed on the status bar uder Gig_1. Whats displayed under GIG_1 is the factory name of the rig. (MBritt profile by the way).

[Blocked Image: http://members.goldengate.net/jgermann/Kemper/remote1.jpg]

• The Name displayed under the performance name is the Rig name. It is not changed when changing the Slot name. You need to rename the Rig in Slot 5 if you want to have it displayed in the section under the Performance name.

• The Name displayed under the performance name is the Rig name. It is not changed when changing the Slot name. You need to rename the Rig in Slot 5 if you want to have it displayed in the section under the Performance name.

Thanks. Honestly, I thought I WAS renaming the rig that was in slot 5. So what am I missing?

Question on this though: whats the thought process from Kempers standpoint behind having different slot names (that you really cant read anywhere) and still having a rig name that shows up on the display? I dont get it. Seems to me you have slots which should just hold the RIg names. Not sure why they would be different...

• So what am I missing?

Just a guess. Did you mark the Option "Use Rigname" - That would cause that the Rig name would be used.

Here a screen shot of one of my favourite Performances and the correspondend entry in the RM.
    You see that there is a difference between comment (CLEAN) and Rig name (MERCURY CLEAN).
    You see the comment is shorter than the rig name - so it's readable in the small field of the display.
    I do not really understand why you do not suceed - but maybe this information can help you to find a solution.

• Thanks Sharry. I dont know if I have "use rig name" checked. I'll have to look when I get home. Whatever is default I believe is what i have.

So yours is doing the same thing...which then tells me that this is a standard "feature" and the way its supposed to be. It helps me understand looking at yours that these slot "comments" are meant to be very short so they fit on the little tabs on the display. I guess in that instance It makes sense if you can find short enough comments for it. (And your eyes are good enough that you can read that from the stage!). LOL.

Thank you for helping me narrow down that things are working as Kemper intended.