Cables required to connect Kemper to Line 6 Firehawk 1500

• Hello fellow Kemper users!

I've ordered a Line 6 Firehawk 1500 to use as a studio monitor for my powered Kemper toaster and also as a 'backup' should anything happen to my Kemper.

How do I stack the Kemper output and assign delay and reverb to the main L&R?

I'm guessing I would run cables from the Kemper main L&R to the Line 6 monitor L&R ins and a cable from the direct out of the Kemper to into the return of the Line 6?

Can someone point me in the right direction as to what type of cables I need and which outputs/inputs they would go into please?

Cheers

• You'll need to dial up a blank patch on the Firehawk 1500. There are different ways you can hook it up by my favorite are these top two:

1. The easiest is just to come out of the XLR outputs on the Kemper (same as you'd connect to monitors) and go into the monitor in left and right on the back of the Firehawk 1500. This will sound good and uses the outside speakers but doesn't drive the horn (center speaker).

2. Just like number one but also add a dry guitar signal to the guitar input on the Firehawk 1500. I don't have a Kemper at the moment so I can't remember how it's done but I'm sure others can tell you. This way you'll be kinda doing a Wet Dry Wet setup.

3. From there you can mix the wet signal differently on taste if you choose, like you could make your effects 100% wet and then dry middle or whatever - your choice.

4. You can also use the effects loop to further complicate things - I'm not going to go into all that but Chad Boston has a video on YouTube on doing that with the Helix you can check out.

• Update the Firehawk 1500 as soon as you get it. Make sure your volumes are in check, the white volume is guitar - I'd run that at 100%. The red is the amp or power or whatever, I'd run that about half so you are pushing good power, then if too loud turn down on the Kemper side. Just my opinion.

The Firehawk 1500 build in amps and effects are terrible to me. Old technology from the POD. I loved how it looked. Too heavy. In the end it didn't do it for me but we'll see how you feel. I like the sound of my monitors better.

Personally if I had a Kemper with poweramp I'd just get an awesome cab and go that route.