What gear did you get in 2016? Any plans for 2017?

• That was fast! Why'd you go with the Palmer over something like a Mackie or even the Presonus that I got? Seems like it's only got one pair of outputs from what I could make out from the literature. Also, only one pair of inputs? I definitely need more than that.

No, the Monicon L has two stereo inputs and two pairs of outputs.
    This is the one.
    https://www.thomann.de/de/palm…h_rslt_monicon+l_368774_3
    it is very well built and can work totally passive (without the LED's working then).
    Recommended.

• No, the Monicon L has two stereo inputs and two pairs of outputs.This is the one.
    https://www.thomann.de/de/palm…h_rslt_monicon+l_368774_3
    it is very well built and can work totally passive (without the LED's working then).
    Recommended.

Oh, that's neat. Looks sick and well designed, I have a high regard for the Palmer stuff. Two pairs of outputs is good, I only have three monitors - a pair of Dynaudios and an Avantone Cube, which is just a cheap imitation of the Auratone. Works pretty well though.

My Presonus is only active, so no power means no signal. I only got the first generation rather than the second, but I'm glad I did. It has three sets of outputs, including an option to use one output for a subwoofer that is active whenever you choose speaker A or B. Also has four headphone outputs, which is great when you want to have those really intensive jamming sessions where everyone can hear each other, and the plus is that you can have two mixes - a main mix and a cue mix for the headphones. Also, has a talkback mic, so that you can speak to everyone on the headphones. I got for pretty cheap, just 299 Singapore dollars, which is about 210 USD or 196 euros. It was a no-brainer at the price, but it is the first generation, not the second.

Lots of knobs and buttons on this one, take a look:

[Blocked Image: http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r704/jimmyrage/21FB0600-9BCE-4681-8232-6073CE1960E8_zps3iebdvqd.jpg]

And lots of inputs and outputs. Other than the three speaker outputs, there are also two pairs of line outputs. And besides the two stereo pairs of inputs, there's an RCA pair to boot. The newer model has got an SPDIF input, which is very cool as well, if you want to hook up devices that have a connection. There's also an option to hook up your own talkback mic if you want, but it has one built in.

[Blocked Image: http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r704/jimmyrage/F494586C-F101-42FE-9DB3-93A499ABB064_zpsx79wwnkb.jpg]

You can set the speaker level for each pair of monitors so that when you turn the main knob, the volume of one pair of speakers is not louder than the other, which is awesome.

Of course, one thing to note is that it does not have XLR connections for monitors, which may be a deal breaker for some. I already had TS to XLR cables, because my interface doesn't have XLR connections either, so it was no problem.

Also, the Palmer looks tiny enough to even fit on my cramped desk, so that's a huge positive.

Probably overkill for most studios, but you look like a man that needs more than one pair of studio monitors, @Ingolf (do it...... do ittttt....... try out a pair of Dynaudios, you will thank me)! I didn't really need something so advanced, but as mentioned, I got it on a clearance sale as it was discontinued and something like the Mackie Big Knob and the Palmer would have run well over my budget shipped. When the store advertised online, I ran there the next day before someone else scooped it up, lol.

I'd love to see a pic of your studio, @Ingolf! :)

hey, maybe we should have a "post pics of your studio" thread?

That's a great idea, @Michael_dk! I'll create the thread right now!

• Not sure if the order is right, but this is what I got in 2016:

Fender CS 52 NOS Telecaster (California Beach series)
    Kemper Remote
    Mayones Regius 6 (Buckeye Burl)
    Squier Jazz V (Steffi Stefan sig) with a Nordstrand pickup
    Michael Kelly Patriot Baritone with a BKP pickup

Didn't get rid of anything.

Planning to get:
    Moog EP-3('s)
    A board/case to fit the Remote and Moog EP-3('s) on
    A wireless unit
    Les Paul Standard / Custom / R8
    High end bass (thinking EBMM, Fender Jazz or equivalent like a Mayones Jabba)

• What I got:

- Kemper Remote (i really need to use it more) ~ 7.5/10
    - PRS Wood Library Custom 22 in 'Tiger's Eye' ~ 10/10
    - PRS SE Chris Robertson in 'Kentucky Blue Burst' (2nd ever sold too, and played by him :D) 8/10
    - Fender Aerodyne Jazz bass 7/10
    - Cambridge Audio Air 200 7/10
    - New AOC monitor for dual screen setup 8/10
    - Native Instruments Battery 9/10

Got rid of:

- Fernandez Monterey Elite

Almost (still thinking I might) got rid of my Ibanez Iron Label RG7 in Trans Grey. Will likely either pass it on or swap pickups.

I'm hoping to get my hands on a powered rack KPA in exchange for my toaster so I can hook it up to my desk rackmount.
    Lastly, eyeing up the new headless Mayones Hydra6... if my wallet allows it!!

• Bought in 2016:

1. Sigma SDR-28MLE (solid Adirondack top and solid madagascar rosewood back and sides. Sounds like a golden era Martin for a fraction of the Price) 10/10
    2. Neumann Gefell MV582 with M94 and M93 capsule (vintage tube small diaphragm condenser) 10/10
    3. Neumann Gefell M691 with M70 capsule (FET Version of above) 10/10
    4. finally got my Neumann CMV563 w/t M7 restored at the factory 10/10
    5. Spectrasonics Keyscape 8/10 (soundwise 10/10, but crashes with more than one instance so I subtracted 2 points)
    6. Cinesamples Piano in Blue 8/10
    7. Empirical Labs Arousor 9/10
    8. AKG C451 B (nice SD mic, but will be sold in 2017 since the two Neumanns better suit my taste)
    9. Studiologic Numa Nero 10/10

Sold in 2016:
    1. Martin D-16 RGT (figured I wouldn't use it anymore since I got the Sigma)
    2. Event 20/20bas didn't use them for years anyway

Planned for 2017:
    1. finish my Blackguard Project, a replica of Broadcaster #0211 Got the neck from Musikrafts blackguard series and the body from Marc Rutters. Those are already at Mathias Schindehütte in Frankfurt for painting and aging, I've got the PUs from Klein and assorted hardware also from Marc Rutters. He even made me a Bakelite pickguard with a nitro clearcoat just like the originals. I will age the Hardware and put the thing together as soon as it arrives back from Mathias Schindehütte.

2. Gretsch electromatic The 2016 models look very promising to me and I've always wanted a Gretsch

3. A vintage Les Paul Junior. I'm considering a 1959 DC model in cherry - TV yellow is too expensive for me.

• Looking at getting the Trio+ although the "band" sounds pretty horrible so there's always the BeatBuddy but I prefer the plus n play nature of the Trio+. I'm not using it live so looks like the Trio+ for the moment. Want to get a FRFR solution also but need to move house first.

• A little update on 2017.
    Sold the Zoom and the AMT.
    Bought an Atomic Amplifire and ordered a Line6 M9. :D

• Just bought a 2nd kemper and 2nd remote, just saving up now for the second mission cab so i can have a 4X12
    so i can play Stereo Stereo and drink beer beer :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Just realized I haven't posted any updates in this thread :)

Purchased:
    PRS SE Chris Robertson signature

Sold:
    Gibson Les Paul
    Cheap behringer delay/reverb pedal
    Boss EQ-7 eq pedal
    M-audio Sputnik tube mic

Up for sale:
    Korg Pitchblack (polyphonic tuner)
    My desk (too big and impractical)
    Se RF Space

Purchases planned for 2017:
    Desk of a suitable size
    Possibly a subwoofer
    Possibly the IsoVox 2

Sales planned for 2017:
    Behringer BCR2000 control surface (to be replaced by some single knob arduino controller I'm planning, much like the nOb controller)
    POSSIBLY the BCF2000 control surface as well, though that is less certain
    Likely M-audio Axiom 25 (small midi keyboard)
    POSSIBLY one more of my guitars, though that is less certain - haven't been able to decide which one yet, and don't really feel like selling either :-))

I really need to get rid of the superfluous stuff and boil it down to what I need to make music. I find that having too much stuff around is detrimental to my focus :)

• Purchase in 2016, just a PRS 408 with a tremolo bridge.

Kinda fills in the holes between and around my LP 2013 and MJ Mastercaster

No plans for 2017 since I bust my left collar bone and 6 ribs about a month ago.

The titanium plate holding the collar bone to the shoulder blade restricts the stretch I can carry out on the guitar fretboard but I keep on trying. Physiotherapy helps but the pain is quite intense, even with strong analgesics. They´ll remove the plate when the bones are fully reattached. Then I can free up the shoulder muscles and actually enjoy playing again.

It´s been a pretty hard month. Nil illegitimi carborundum! - don´t let the bastards grind you down!