Kemper Crashes - Could It Be Dirty Power?

• Every Sunday I play at a local church with old wiring, dirty electrical power. There are only a few wall outlets so they run a number of extension cords connected in series to provide coverage for the entire stage. Every Sunday that I've played so far I've had at least one, often several crashes and I'm wondering if the power is the culprit?

This problem ONLY happens at this one place, never at home or the other few venues I play.

More detail. I've played at this church for several years and have brought over time a couple different amps and a number of different modelers. While there can sometimes be a bit more noise than optimal, I've never had any other problems. There are other musicians playing, keys, bass, other guitars and they have no issues at all.

With the Kemper, I run XLR out to a personal stage monitor and the stage monitor then runs out to FOH. I control all elements of my sound and let the sound guy dal with the mix out front. I have an old MacBook Air connected to the Profiler running Rig Exchange (and wonder if that could be causing the problem).

So, here's what happens. I'll be in the middle of a song using either a slot in Performance mode or just a preset from my library and the Remote will just go dead. Lights go out, buttons no longer work, the Mission expression pedal stops working as well. I will continue to get sound for a while at whatever the last setting was before the Remote shut down, but in a minute or two the Profiler stops working as well. More curious, when I reach over to turn the knob to 'off' on the Profiler nothing happens for maybe 20 seconds, that is, the display stays lit and there is no response. I can't even turn the power off to the Profiler!

Eventually the Profiler shuts down, I power everything back up and it works just fine.

I've tried both the cable that shipped with the Remote and a generic ethernet cable, same result.

Needless to say, having my Kemper shut down in mid-service is a BIG problem. I don't know if this is a problem with my unit, the electrical power at this venue, or some other glitch. I've sent a request to the mother ship asking for advice, but wonder if anyone else has had this problem and what the fix might be.

• You're experiencing some weird behavior with your Kemper and Remote and let technical support work on your issues.

Regarding your old MacBook Air connected to Kemper, I really doubt it can cause such annoyances.

Keep us updated @FreeBlues how your case evolves.

• I've had this problem when I accidentally move the power cable while my Kemper is plugged in. Power stays on, but nothing works. And yes, it doesn't shut down normally, just hangs for a bit then switches off without the message "shutting down".

You should get a UPS when you play at this church. Bad power can damage electronic equipment over time.