2017 NAMM will bring?

• I bet for reverbs, if they come they will be equal to new delays.
    Editor? There is still job vacancy in Kemper for Software Developer with C/C++ https://www.kemper-amps.com/jobs @OneEng1 or @virango feel like working for the greatest company :D

But seriously, they will come with editor or.. there won't be editor ;)
    From my perspective looking on the development of Rig Manager for over 2 years period, there is little functionality for this.
    You can create folder, drag files, and double-click to upload to Kemper, change attributes of profiles.
    So the chance is the slow pace of development was due to parallel analysis and development of and editor. Who knows...

This is not by any chance accusation - maybe Editor was never taken in mind by Kemper team, since they focused on improving a little what was already tube-perfect.

Edited 2 times, last by skoczy ().

• Reverbs and new distortion/OD module that has EQ, HI & Low pass filters , etc within the module so we can create more goodness in one slot.

But hey, I have barely used the morph feature from last year...ha ha.

• I'm hoping for Aliases. That is you could assign an alias of another rig's amp block or effect block for example, and then if you change the original the alias changes as well. Somewhere on one of these forums this was discussed with some of the Kemper team if my memory serves correctly, as something they had sights to role out. I know for certain they had been planning on increasing midi capabilities. In which case I'm hoping for midi messages that can be sent without changing rigs and perhaps using the effect switches on the remote.

That and of course reverbs and a little more variety in the stomp overdrives.

• This video contains some unreleased delay algorithms.
    Maybe they were saved for NAMM 2017?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• IMHO an extra software editor will not come. A second application means more development/maintenance effort. Furthermore you have to add some sync mechanism as both applications (Rig Manager + editor) would access the same data.
    More likely the Kemper team will extend the Rig Manager, I think.

As for the job@Kemper: it's surely a tempting possibilty. Unfortunately (currently) not an option for me.

• Well they only just released the delays, so my money is on just a more straighhtforward display of "this is what we've got now" rather than showing anything new. If they do though, reverbs seems the most likely to me. I'd be super surprised if they'd made an editor, there's been no mention.

What I'd like to see still is the loop compare mode during profiling, so the idea is during profiling you could record a loop of not just the Kempers output but also the amps, then hitting a/b would silence the amp and switch between the two recordings, to help you really compare (without manually reamping and comparing that way).

Another gadget I'd like to see is maybe an output reamp box. You're thinking "What? Why? It already reamps" Think of it the way, plug your guitar directly into your amp, play it, now plug your guitar into your Kemper, and the Kemper into your amp for profiling mode, play, notice the difference in sound? Now I hope that this is due to something other than any loss of dynamic range (specifically peaks) due to conversion and my gut feeling is simply that the DAC cannot offer the same output voltage and impedance as the guitar, a little booster on the out could probably sort this out without lots of stabbing in the dark, plugging and unplugging etc. I think the original outs were aimed to be mic level as they would primarily output to boards and profiling would be something you don't have to do as often.

• I'm hoping for Aliases. That is you could assign an alias of another rig's amp block or effect block for example, and then if you change the original the alias changes as well. Somewhere on one of these forums this was discussed with some of the Kemper team if my memory serves correctly, as something they had sights to role out. I know for certain they had been planning on increasing midi capabilities. In which case I'm hoping for midi messages that can be sent without changing rigs and perhaps using the effect switches on the remote.

That and of course reverbs and a little more variety in the stomp overdrives.

A year ago @ckemper implied that aliases are on their way: https://www.thegearpage.net/bo…5744/page-3#post-21185796

• IMHO an extra software editor will not come. A second application means more development/maintenance effort. Furthermore you have to add some sync mechanism as both applications (Rig Manager + editor) would access the same data.More likely the Kemper team will extend the Rig Manager, I think.

As for the job@Kemper: it's surely a tempting possibilty. Unfortunately (currently) not an option for me.

Rig Manager development over 2 years was slow in my opinion. So I might guess that parallel development could have been started along the way back in the day. And that would explain slow pace of Rig Manager development. But my assumptions might be also false.

I cannot imagine releasing Editor with Rig Manager already on the shelf. If Editor was taken in consideration, before it would be released, the sync mechanism would have been prepared. And after Editor would have been launched, Rig Manager's development would be abandoned. It's hard task to do and since we do not know volume of development resources, we don't know anything.

If this NAMM Kemper team won't come with Editor or at least announcement of Editor I think there will never be an editor.

• Im thinking that theres plenty of room for Rig Manager AND an editor.

That said, what ever they add is more than welcome!!!

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Speculation is good, wishes are good but in the end we can all be thankful as a community and owners of the KPA for what we have in this green monster. I couldn't be happier just the way it is if it all came to an end today. >Time delay< but any additives to the pot would always be greatly appreciated :thumbup:

• Wonder if they will ever release a stomp profiler/player that can be used with real amps as well as in front of the KPA. Even though I'm personally not big on dirt boxes I would likly buy it.

• I'll be working all 4 days of NAMM (I work in sales and marketing for Hosa, plus I already live near Anaheim) and plan on stopping by Kemper to figure out what's new and hopefully what's planned. Plus, I can add my face to the chorus of people looking for that coveted editor.

Plus, not too long ago I spoke to a manufacturer who has been in talks with Kemper about OEM'ing something pretty significant for Kemper.

• I don't think we'll see anything new, just a proper demonstration of the delays and their parameters and maybe those unreleased algos from Reuben's vid. That dual switch will probably feature, too, though that's not exactly ground breaking NAMM material. Maybe they'll spill some more info on those modular 1x12 cabs.

• I'd be very interested in those cabinets. I wonder if there's any chance they would make a passive frfr cab. As a powerhead user it seems slightly redundant to only use the power amp when I (rarely) use my 4x12. A nice official 1x12 Kemper speaker would be awesome.

• I don't think we'll see anything new, just a proper demonstration of the delays and their parameters and maybe those unreleased algos from Reuben's vid. That dual switch will probably feature, too, though that's not exactly ground breaking NAMM material. Maybe they'll spill some more info on those modular 1x12 cabs.

I tend to agree. I've worked enough NAMM shows to know that usually people are highlighting stuff they've already released just before NAMM. That still leaves time, but seldom have I seen a "wait for a big announcement only at NAMM". Not that it hasn't happened, but in my experience the show is really for highlighting new things, not as much for grand reveals. Some manufacturers use the time to get chatty about things in development they are excited for. Perhaps as a fellow exhibitor I can wrangle some info on where Kemper is aiming.

• It's been 19 years since I've been to the NAMM show. I used to go every year starting at McCormick place is Chicago.. There used to actually be a lot of "Reveals" and Stuff Coming Soon revealed at the show.