Revoice Pro 3

• Who has Revoice Pro and has used it?

I grabbed the demo (reading this was a Melodyne killer, I was curious about how much so)

I got it up running. The main program doesn't open up as a plugin within the DAW, but has plugin hooks into the DAW..

They recommend watching a tutorial as it's a bit non-intuitive and I'd agree.

I grabbed a sound blob of a vocal and started moving it up and down. I can start hearing fakeness at about a 3 semitones on the vocal. Just about the same as Melodyne. I smoothed out the vibrato of a sung note and could hear it sound unnatural just like Melodyne.

But then it froze. The little macbook rainbow swirl of app death. Stayed like that for 15m when I realized it wasn't going to resolve.

I'm curious about other's observations, because while I primarily pitch correct vocals, I'm not above using it to correct the timing on a guitar solo. This is a very expensive plugin, so I had higher expectations concerning stability. IDK if Reaper had anyting to do with it, since its not always a supported DAW. But once the audio is captured in the standalone program, wouldn't any tweaks be self contained at that point?

• I would not blame Reaper for the instability. Reaper as such is rock solid. And its VST interface is proven.

Seems like in the DAW and plugin domain things turned upside down: you dont get what you pay for. My main reason for the cheapo Reaper is stability. Had Logic Platinum (the last version on PC/Win) and Cubase. Both crashed way too often. Reaper simply doesnt.

Back to Revoice: our human hearing is ultra-sensitive when it comes to human voices. So its not an easy task to pitch shift. If you want to use more than just pitch correction or micro-detuning you really need to *camouflage* your artificial harmonies with mix tricks. There are good YT tutorials out there.

BTW: did you test and compare ReaVoice - which comes with Reaper?

Ne travaillez jamais.