Help with 4CM for using Kemper as Effects Only with Tube Amp...

• Hello everyone!

Brand new Kemper user, so please forgive if my question is dumb or has already been answered. I have searched the forums best I could but
    still can't get my configuration to work with the info I've found.

So I am wanting to try out my Kemper as an effects processor only with a traditional tube amp / cabinet. I've heard this is possibly and many have
    stated that they gotten some great results!

My amp is a Diezel Herbert going into an ENGL 4x12 cabinet.

From what I've gathered, the 4CM method would be as follows:

1) Guitar into Kemper Input
    2) Kemper FX Send into Input of Diezel
    3) Diezel FX Send into Kemper FX Return
    4) Kemper Output into Diezel FX Return

So I have a few followup / clarification questions.

1) Does it matter which FX section I use on my tube amp? (there is Serial / Parallel and Switchable)
    2) Which output to people use on the Kemper for step #4? (There is the "Monitor Output", "Main Output" (with Left & Right), "Speaker Output", etc.)
    3) Should my 4x12 cabinet still be plugged into the Diezel, or into the speaker output of the Kemper?

I've tried playing around with a few things but it never seems to come out right in the end / doesn't sound right. I know to turn the amp section off entirely, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

• 1. This should be a matter of personal taste.
    2. Don't use Speaker Out for this, as this will probably harm your Diezel. Speaker Out gives a powered signal for speakers ;what you need is a line level signal.
    You can use any of the other outputs if you're going mono, but you have to set the ised output to master mono in the output section.
    3. Diezel.

Don't forget to place the fx loop in any of the stomps or post stack fx slots.

• Thanks so much for the help!

Could you possibly elaborate a little more on that last part you mentioned about the fx loop? Sorry, again I'm still very new to the Kemper and its workings (and the manual is more or less zero help).