Possible to enable soft buttons to use the looper?

• I think this has been asked before. Would be great for those using only a small footswitch instead of a midi board or the Remote. Right now I have no access to this great feature.

Cheers everyone

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• I think looper is exclusive only for Remote owners.

Yes, at this time. But the feature itself is housed inside the KPA, isn't it?

Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Yes, at this time. But the feature itself is housed inside the KPA, isn't it?

It is. I can remember someone could activate looper in 3.X by some MIDI command. But later it was blocked. Seems for me again as exclusive feature of KPA Remote.
    Anyway I support this request.

• It is. I can remember someone could activate looper in 3.X by some MIDI command. But later it was blocked. Seems for me again as exclusive feature of KPA Remote.Anyway I support this request.

:thumbup: Thx

• It is. I can remember someone could activate looper in 3.X by some MIDI command. But later it was blocked. Seems for me again as exclusive feature of KPA Remote.Anyway I support this request.

Im using MIDI with the Looper with Version 5.x.
    But each command consits of 4 control changes.
    I think you will not be able to do this with a Standard midi controller

• I did not figure out myself. :whistling:
    I got lots of help from several people in this forum. :thumbup:
    Thanks a lot again. :saint:

For the looper Commands, i send 4 Control Changes:

(Number,Value)
    (0x63, 0x7D);
    (0x62, <Command>);
    (0x06, 0x00);
    (0x26, <press/release>);

press/release:
    0x01 when key is pressed
    0x00 when key is released
    sending only 0x00 insread of press and relaese, i think will work too.

the Command values:
    START 0x58
    STOP 0x59
    TRIGGER 0x5A
    REVERSE 0x5B
    HALFTIME 0x5C
    UNDOREDO 0x5D
    ERASE 0x5E

• They are the old codes that worked with OS3.
    UNDO and TRIGGER haven't worked for me since then (I'm still on 4)
    Can you confirm that they all DO work with OS5.
    If they do, then that's a good reason for me to update my KPA

BTW, took a look at your code...some nice stuff there!

• Oh that's a pity...I was getting all excited ;)

My board is very simple, done on a nano.

4 buttons for stomps and two for left/right in performance mode.

Does just want I want on stage....I have limited needs!

Thanks for checking.

• I think this has been asked before. Would be great for those using only a small footswitch instead of a midi board or the Remote. Right now I have no access to this great feature.

Cheers everyone

If you have a momentary footswitch, you can control the looper start/stop. Just change the function of the footswitches in the system menu of the Kemper.

• If you have a momentary footswitch, you can control the looper start/stop. Just change the function of the footswitches in the system menu of the Kemper.

Thx a lot! I didn't know this. :)