Strugging with Tremolo effect

• Hello,

I'm a new owner. Pretty steep learning curve compared to my first amp -1966 Ampeg Gemini I - It had one switch, nine knobs and a two button pedal.

The K-P is good gear!

However, I find something missing: I use a Strymon Flint tremolo and reverb. I simply cannot coax out a deep tremolo from the K-P. Think the intro to For What It's Worth or the sufring sound of th4e 60's.

I see in the Profiling Manual, one cannot profile a time-dependent effect, such as tremolo.

So, my questions: Are there any aftermarket effects available for the K-P? Am I not understanding the available tremolo effects?

Thanks

• Don,
    Thanks for answering. I tried your suggestion with setting crossover low and that did help. Still not getting the depth from the K-P tremolo module.

I was also asking if there are any alternatives to the built in stomp effects?

Thanks and Happy New Year.

• Thanks again. I tried the X slot. Did not see any change in the effect's sound. I have the stereo off.

Push comes to shove, I can haul my Strymon Flint along for performances. My plan was to make the K-P my complete playing set up.

Lot's to learn. But minutes holding a guitar don't count against your total in life...

• I've had good luck stacking 2 trem effects, adding one pre and a second post. I think I even left them "as is" and didn't even change any parameters (I'm lazy like that :whistling: ).

this doesn't indicate a setting, since the Profiler will keep parameters where possible. If you had another effect with Speed and Depth etc. parameters in the slot before you changed it to tremolo, the setting of all the applicable parameters will be kept.

• Here is a link to the song that is mentioned :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• this doesn't indicate a setting, since the Profiler will keep parameters where possible. If you had another effect with Speed and Depth etc. parameters in the slot before you changed it to tremolo, the setting of all the applicable parameters will be kept

I should have been a bit clearer (see, I'm lazy). I'm using HamerJo's Dynacord profile and wanted a deeper trem for a "Earth Angel/Sleepwalk" rhythm sound and it had an existing trem that I copied to the mod slot and run them at the same time. I found it more to my liking.

slot c rate 4.8 depth 5.7 cross 43.7 duck 0 vol 0 Mod slot same setting as slot c plus stereo 0

• I did a quick recording using the maximum K-P tremolo and using the Strymon Flint. Flint settings were '65 Photo Tremolo: 90% intensity. Flint reverb off.

Guitar --> Flint --> Kemper --> DI --> Korg recorder

I used the default internal Rig (rig switched off) with no effects.

Both takes were mastered on the Korg, exported to PC and converted and normaized with GoldWave.

While the recordings aren't very artistic, you can tell the difference in intensity.

This is my first use of SoundCloud - let's see if it works.

https://soundcloud.com/gents_doug

As an aside, the K-P Tremolo shows as a beautiful sine wave when viewed.

Thanks

• Don,

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

I agree with you. The K-P tremolo is a usable match for the original recording intro. If I were doing a studio re-make, no problem.

Just my opinion here, but (for what it's worth):

Doing this song live, the audience immediately recognizes the intro lick - it has become iconic. My issue is that a 'mild' tremolo sound is hard to work live. More volume did not work for me - partly because of the pick attack on the harmonic notes, I think.

My old Ampeg amp has a really deep tremolo - not quite the square wave of the Flint, but much deeper than the K-P. The best match I've found was a Flint.

I find it interesting that Buffalo Springfield live, in 1967, at the Monterrey Festival de-emphasized the harmonic notes in their intro. [Live Vs Studio issues?]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In the end, I might be able to coax what I need out of the K-P while working with volume and technique (and some compression for the pick attack.) If not the Flint can travel.

Thanks again.

• In summary, the Kemper's Shallow range of tremelo, sucks ass. The Kemper only includes presets for Slow Classic or Fast. None allow the depth that a pedal will. You won't get what you are looking for, as in the intro to Heavy.