Kemper caused me an injury

• In person it wasn't really green, but grey. Must be the lighting or the background colors suggesting green. My pink skin and orange floor would accentuate any slight greenish tint since they are complementary colors.

I hate emojis, but I hate being misunderstood more. :)

• I have showed this 10000 times...
    We need TURMERIC IN OUR MENU TO STOP/prevent THIS.

Go to You tube put GOLDEN MILK in search
    dont use cow's milk or soy (almond or oat etc ok)

DRINK THAT EVERY DAY.

Stretch before playing and take turmeric daily you wont get that again.
    the body is telling you some thing please listen to it.

TURMERIC IS YOUR ONLY FRIEND..(like music)
    (as if your on a bad diet, this can protect your bones and muscles)
    All as that steroid shot was , is an anti inflammatory.
    TURMERIC IS AN ANTI INFLAMMATORY TOO BUT ALSO DOES 1000 MORE THINGS...
    AND ..IS NON TOXIC...

Turmeric has equaled or better even the worlds top steroid.

WHAT YO EAT DETERMINES HOW LONG YOU WILL PLAY GUITAR.
    LET THAT HAUNT YOU MOTHER FUCKERS....OR LET IT NOT :)

DRINK THE GOLDEN MILK...

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• TURMERIC IS YOUR ONLY FRIEND

Or Lunacin from soy, green-lipped mussels and so on.

The minute I read the thread I started anticipating a passionate post from you, Ash; you didn't disappoint, mate. :thumbup:

• Good tip on the turmeric, Ash! I work with computers all day, pretty much every day, and have done so for over 25 years. Been playing since 14, and am pushing 50. Last year for the first time in my life I started having pain in my fingers, wrists, elbows. The Mrs. got me started on BioCell Collagen capsules. After a month or so, no more pain. It's great for joints, ligaments, tendons, cartilage, connective tissues. Does wonders for me. I was getting concerned that I was just getting old and wearing out and was going to have to deal with it...

Supposed to be good for your skin as well, but it's not improved my looks one bit. Guess you can't have it all.

• Because of this I started taking Tumeric supplements daily.

• Yeah, well...

Having a bunch of family in the medical and science profession including a PhD wife who does statistical analysis of both medicine and therapeutic practices, while I want to believe this, have heard it many times, I am reasonably certain there is no scientific basis for it - if there was you can be 100% certain that the pharmaceutical industry would slap some weird name on it and sell it for astronomical prices. So.. go for it if it works for you (placebo effect IS statistically proven to affect positive change). But, just as with some things such as homeopathy, there is entirely no real evidence that it works.

• Yeah, well...

Having a bunch of family in the medical and science profession including a PhD wife who does statistical analysis of both medicine and therapeutic practices, while I want to believe this, have heard it many times, I am reasonably certain there is no scientific basis for it - if there was you can be 100% certain that the pharmaceutical industry would slap some weird name on it and sell it for astronomical prices. So.. go for it if it works for you (placebo effect IS statistically proven to affect positive change). But, just as with some things such as homeopathy, there is entirely no real evidence that it works.

Being myself employed in the medical industry, I too am a skeptic in general. But there ARE some nutritional supplement which have been proven to have an effect (such as glucosamine). In any case, slapping a fancy name on it doesn't guarantee you a high price, because it's very easy to replicate and produce, and can't be patented - as opposed to "normal" drugs. There's not much of a business case for a pharmaceutical company there.

By the way how do you statistically prove that placebo affects a positive change? Give one group a placebo, and the other group.........?

:D

• Being involved in alternative medicine and having had done arthritis/other bone conitons many times :)
    i can tell you the best results happen with turmeric and using BORON.
    If you search what Boron does to your arthritis (for example) you will see positive results.

Turmeric you dont need to be skeptical about, they have tested it against steroids and many other drugs.
    it is efficacious. Here in summary

The most important property of turmeric with regards to bone health is its anti-inflammatory property.
    This helps with pain and stiffness occurring in most bone disorders and also many targets involved in inflammation when influenced by curcumin can affect bone tissue formation. Oxidative stress is a feature of most diseased conditions and characterised by imbalance between oxidant and antioxidant agents in the body. Curcumin as an antioxidant reduces oxidative stress and raises the level of antioxidant enzymes which favourably impacts bone health.

There are actually 4 ways it protects your fingers, and yes its been studied by the mainstream.

http://www.turmericforhealth.c…eric-protects-bone-health

Any more skeptics post away :)
    Thanks for the tips Nicky/Chops... on natural medicine all the way no? :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited 3 times, last by ashtweth ().

• Nobody like another one of Ash's posts, his count must remain at "666" for posterity.

But, just as with some things such as homeopathy, there is entirely no real evidence that it works.

One of my favorite James Randi bits is when he gives his talks about quackery and takes an entire pill bottle of homeopathic sleeping pills to start his talk only to later return to it and ask why he's been taking "lethal" doses for 20+ years and nothing's happened.

• The best evidence of hompeathics working, can be seen in the Ruta 6 formulation
    http://www.drpbanerji.com/en
    some mainstram doctors even work with him now.
    Ruta 6 is even on pubmed

Be careful taking "advice" from the mainstream medical industry..make sure you do independent validation.

lol at 666 :)

Ash

• Hippocrates, the "father of medicine"

"Let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food."
    “Natural forces within us are the true healers of disease.”
    “Disease [is] not an entity, but a fluctuating condition of the patient's body, a battle between the substance of disease and the natural self-healing tendency of the body.”
    “If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health.”
    “All disease begins in the gut.”

“The physician must be able to tell the antecedents, know the present, and foretell the future — must mediate these things, and have two special objects in view with regard to disease, namely, to do good or to do no harm.”
    “As to diseases, make a habit of two things — to help, or at least, to do no harm.”

The Hippocratic oath, which is based upon the latter quotes, was moved from being compulsory for doctors to optional back in the '90s (in the US) IIRC.

Hippocratic Oath - Wikipedia

• Be careful taking "advice" from the mainstream medical industry..make sure you do independent validation.

The same goes for alternative medicines https://www.nhmrc.gov.au/guidelines-publications/cam02?

There is a huge burden of evidence regarding benefits and risks when applying for a market authorisation for "mainstream" drugs, including requirements to the quality of the study setups (and rightly so) - as well as requirements for extensive post-market follow-up and registration of adverse events (not to mention huge requirements for documentation and quality systems in all aspects of the drug life cycle from research project to production). Whatever else can be said, the "mainstream" drug are much, much better controlled, understood and documented with regards to effects and sideeffects.

• Lighter String gauge and Rest is the obvious choice and has even worked for musicians such as Jeff Loomis
    But the missing link is DIET. What you can do to assist your bones/muscle/tendens MUST NOT be left out for PROTECTION.
    turmeric wil help protect our hands too.

@Michael_dk you have a little piece of the puzzle but asking the mainstream some times about alternative medicine yields corruption.
    Here is a doc where they took a HOME SCHOOL kid around the world to show him results of the Gerson therpay

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If you go ask your mainstream about does the 'gerosn therapy work,
    THEY HAVE NEVER INVESTIGATED IT ..so what do they say = there no evidence it works
    instead of saying "we dont know we have never investigated it"
    NOPE! THEY HAVE NEVER INVESTIGATED IT..it does not mean that there is no evidence it worked.
    BUT ASK THE MAINSTREAM= false info
    Hence why they flew the home schooler around the world to see medical records from people
    =THE TRUTH.

So if we take your advice and ask the mainstream about alternative medicine

=wrong info in some cases,

You have to know where and wh to ask to get accurate info.
    Its never going to change.

You have no idea about how much alternative medicine is suppressed because of this education problem.
    Trust me on that

Ash

• At this point, my gut tells me this thread is only going to generate some noise and perhaps even some ill will. I doubt this thread will ever sway anyone one way or the other or resolve any long-standing medical controversy. It's probably a better conversation to have face to face over a beer rather than on the internet.

I'm glad cyber is doing better, and I hope the turmeric helps. Odds are it won't hurt anything, and at worst, it makes an awesome curry. Lots of good advice in this thread, like rest. Let's just remember the one fact we can all probably agree on, that no strong belief was ever changed on an internet forum. :thumbup:

I hate emojis, but I hate being misunderstood more. :)

• I don't necessarily agree that no mind was ever changed on an internet forum, but it depends how the conversation is broached. It's clear that there's a lot of entrenched and passionate views, which makes calm, collected discourse much more challenging.

There's no denying natural remedies can have healing effects. Hell, my girlfriend right now is effectively using chlorella and cilantro to purge large heavy metal deposits from her body. I don't think you'll find a "mainstream" doctor that suggests certain foods don't have health-benefitting properties. It's a matter of how far you're willing to take that.

If something works for you, like turmeric, then that's great. It only helps and does no harm. And also understand that for every anecdote about natural remedies, you also get a number of those where natural remedies couldn't cut it in the face of "mainstream" medical science, like myself.

Stay well, everyone.