Hi..1st post....Merged profile question...

• Hi,

New to the Kemper but really enjoying it, so far.

Had a question about Merged profiles like Top Jimi's....

In his description he states...

M = Merged profile (Kemper Monitor Out contains no speaker cabinet, while Main Out does. Don’t use the Direct Out – it will sound muffled!)

DI = Direct Output profile contains no speaker cabinet out.

I was wondering if I use a Merged profile and want the speaker cabinet ACTIVE in the Monitor Out to my FRFR speaker, what do I need to do?

Or can Monitor out only be used with no Cabinet emulation when doing a Merged profile??

Thanks,

Kevin

• Hi Kevin,

If I understand you right you want the cabinet profile ON when you are plugged into the monitor output?

The only factor influencing this is the Output setting 'Montor Cab Off'. If this is set the KPA will use the 'CabDriver' emulation i.e. a simulated removal of the cab/mic element of the sound. This is to allow Studio Profiles i.e. those which do not 'know' the difference between the direct and fully mic'd sound to produce a simulated output without the cab/mic. Note that is a simulation and hence the reason we have Direct and Merged profiles as they are more 'accurate'.

If you are using a merged profile and want the cabinet on at all times for your FRFR speaker plugged into the monitor out then you need to select 'Output' and make sure that 'Monitor Cab Off' is not on. Once you've done this then the whole profile is sent to both Main and Monitor outputs.

Hope this helps.

Simon

• Thanks guys,

From the description above it sounded like it did not matter if use selected Cab on or off...... it would just be DI fed thru the Monitor Out.

I compared Monitor out with the Mains out and could not hear a difference in sound, so I figured Cab immulation was on in both outputs, but just wanted to make sure.

• If you buy a merged profile it comes with a cab. The cab is separated from the amp in a merged profile, so you can use the delivered cab or you can use other cabs and you dont have a problem with the amp sound.
    A di profile comes with no cab. Normaly you use a di profile when you go from monitor out to a power amp into a real cab with cab sim of.
    Sometimes i use di profiles also with a chosen cab with cab sim on and i go to my frfr. It depends if the di orifile sounds good with a cab sim.

If it sounds good, it is good. Check it out and make you decision.

Cheers
    Frank