Custom Tones Ethos Overdrive, Effectrode Blackbird

• I've started profiling my Ethos Overdrive. So far only 4 profiles uploaded to the Rig Manager, but I'll dial in some others. I'm currently always using the speaker/cab sim but might do some without it. Not sure how it will work out without it.

Anyway, just search for my name or "Ethos Overdrive" and you'll find them. If you have any requests for specific settings, let me know.

Update: I'm also profiling the Effectrode Blackbird slowly. You'll find those under my name also!

• Anyone willing to help me a bit?

I am trying to find a great cab for bluesy SRV style tone to go with my merged Ethos profile.

If you're willing to provide Cab or impulse response recommendations, I'm all ears!

This profile to start from:
    Ethos OD Blues Merged

• Love love love the Ethos OD, glad to see some profiles of it. Ran through some of them really quick and if I replace the cab sim with a Fender Deluxe IR, it sounds pretty good. If you do a direct profile and merge the same cab in, I bet it would sound even better. Don't forget you can save just the cab from any of the stock Kemper profiles. I used the cab from D'Lux Dirty - Cactus

• Thanks! Will try it out. I uploaded Ethos Overdrive Blues NOCAB as well. This has no speaker sim and no cabinet attached (so it sounds terrible until you put a cab in there).

• Starting to zero in on good profiles with the Ethos Overdrive and will likely nuke the crappier ones from Rig Manager.

I've also started getting some profiles for the Effectrode Blackbird. This has no cab sim so it'll need cabs.

• Super quick tone demo I made of the Ethos Overdrive Texas profile I just uploaded. The usual disclaimers about playing like crap because I threw it together in a few minutes apply.

Fender Strat. Neck for the intro and end transition, Middle for the main rhythm. Currently using a Texas Special in Neck and DiMarzio Virtual Vintage 54 Pro in Middle.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And one more quick track. Mary Had a Little Lamb recorded in one pass. Same Strat using Neck/Middle combo, treble rolled down a bit.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Both clips recorded hastily and with no knowledge of how to even use the DAW I used to export them. The treble is a bit too hot for most Strats, but I just roll my Treble down because I control both Neck and Middle with my center knob. I failed to roll it down on the first track, but remembered on the second.

The Ethos Overdrive is pretty insane. So is the Kemper.

I have a fully loaded Ethos Clean-Fusion II on the way in a couple weeks.

The Effectrode Blackbird also mentioned in this thread is really incredible for clean Fender-like tones and some creamy crunch as well, but it's not along the same tonal lines as the Ethos (nor is it meant to be). I have dialed in a few nice sounds, but they tend to require a power amp in addition to a cab, so I'll probably stop making profiles of it.

Edited 2 times, last by Luckbad ().

• Fender Strat. Neck for the intro and end transition, Middle for the main rhythm. Currently using a Texas Special in Neck and DiMarzio Virtual Vintage 54 Pro in Middle.

That's great piece of blues @Luckbad!