New KPA Owner - What did you do with your tube amps? (should I sell?)

• Ok, so I'm a relatively new Kemper owner and I've got a question for you guys that I'm sure many of you went through.

I own and gig with a Supro Black Magick 25W tube amp and pedals. About two weeks ago I got a Kemper non-powered toaster and its blowing me away. I profiled my Black Magick and its truly incredible...to the point where I went and ordered a Kemper Remote and Atomic CLR, thinking this thing will replace my live rig for good.

I've had the urge to profile my Supro in every possible setting with all my drive pedals..etc then sell everything to offset purchasing the Remote/CLR and make a few bucks back. I mean, the profiles I'm getting back are THAT good.

What would you guys do in this scenario? Did you profile your tube amps and sell them too? Did you regret it in the long run? One thing I've thought about it resale value for good tube amps typically goes up in value, whereas digital gear goes down. I may be better off just hanging on to it, even if I rarely use it? I'm stuck.

Thanks for the help!

• @ShaunSova

I felt like you did. I mean the 'blown away', and urge to sell my amps. I had a few amps though. Been through some Mesas, Riveras, Bugeras, Marshalls, Fenders, deLisles, Peaveys. At the time, I was down to a Peavey Valve King II Mini Head, a Peavey 6505 Mini Head, Orange OR15, a Bugera 33XL Infinium and a Fender 68 Custom Deluxe Reverb. I used the Peavey's mostly for recording, because of their direct to DAW interface and speaker defeat. The orange provided it's great, unique crunch tone. Bugera was good at low vol, and I liked the ease of using different O tube combinations. Main rig was like yours, the Fender with a bunch of pedals, half of which were wampler amp in a box types.

Sold the 2 Peaveys (yes after profiling). Frankly the KPA provides everything they did. Sold the Orange, as I made some awesome profiles of that, and no longer needed it. Bugera went bye bye. No need for it. They paid for the used Matrix GT800FX and Passive Atomic CLR, and then a little.

But, I have kept the Fender for now. I've kept it for a few reasons. One, I still haven't gotten GOOD profiles of some of those pedals and the Fender. And, I wanted to capture those. Silly really, because, what I want to capture is Fender and pedal to sound like a Mesa, Slo, Dumble, etc, and I HAVE profiles for that.

But, the 2nd is, as of now, it is kind of my backup. A 'poor man's Kemper, lol

And third, it IS a really good amp.

I have NOT regretted selling the above amps, not one little bit. Pretty sure, if I sold the Fender I wouldn't regret it either.

But, I have been highly thinking of going to a 2nd Kemper, a rack, to go with my Toaster, or a high end Modeler (for different flavor, best of both worlds) like an AXE FX, MAYBE a Helix. For that I probably would sell the pedals off, first, then the Badcat Unleash, then maybe the Fender as well.

Might even just sell the Fender, and get one of the new breed SS combos like the BLuescube or Boss Katana, just as a real light grab and go option..

Not sure if that helped, lol

• Welcome to the forum! It's fun to keep at least one tube amp around for when you get that urge. However, if you need the funds to complete your rig, then I'd definitely sell it. Have fun!

edit: And please share those profiles!

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Welcome to the forum! It's fun to keep at least one tube amp around for when you get that urge. However, if you need the funds to complete your rig, then I'd definitely sell it. Have fun!

edit: And please share those profiles!

Haha, I will definitely share them once I get the rest of the profiles completed. I really want to get a complete package set, profile my amp at every position and with all my favorite drive pedals (Lovepedal Kalamazoo Gold, KoT, Friedman BE-OD..etc) then I will have no need for the amp again. hah!