Effects chains in rig manager

• I often find myself downloading either free or commercial rigs, and then spending a lot of time with the profiler setting up effects the way I like.

This makes me think I'd quite like to be able to separate the 'amp' and 'effects' parts, and see those parts in rig manager as distinct things. So, I might go to RM and load up a particular amp I like, and then go to another section and load up my 'disco function band' effects chain. The kemper effects are so good now, and require so much configuration to really use properly, it seems a missing option to share these settings (either for my own purposes, or with others).

Call them effects scenes or something.

This is somewhat related to my question elsewhere of the best way to share modified rigs (the answer is 'not through rig manager as the t&c require it to be original').

• Programme a set of Rigs with effects as you like them - the stomp slots filled with the various effects you prefer and with your ideal settings. These will be your go-to "chain" setups.

Name each of these Rigs appropriately. For example: Clean chorussed funk delay or huge auto-wah '80s lead.

Before you browse Rigs in RM or those on the Kemper itself, choose one of these "FX setups" (Rigs that contain these chains) and lock the "Stomps" and "Effects" blocks by holding down the "Lock" button and hitting the aforementioned Stomp and Effects buttons. The "Locked / Active" status of every slot will be displayed on the upper portion of the main Rig-selection ("Default") screen, so you'll see the two groups of four's being affected en-masse as you lock / unlock the overriding blocks.

Now you can select / browse any Rigs you like whilst retaining all the Stomps and FX that reside within those two blocks. You could of course lock any slots individually using the same procedure, but by pressing the slot buttons themselves (4 per group) as opposed to the overriding block buttons. This is what I do with the first (top-left) Stomp slot; it's used for a Kemper factory-wah preset that I like to keep permanently-active. It's set to Bypass@Heel so it's only heard when I move the pedal.

That's all you need to know Rick. Have fun mate.