Reference amp gain too hi when profiling

• Hi there,
    That's my problem.
    I plug my guitar into the Kemper. The direct out of the Kemper goes into my tube amp (clean channel). Now even if the gain setting on the tube amp wouldn't normally push the sound into distorsion it actually does.
    Result : What was supposed to be a profile of a clean sound is actually a profile of a considerably distorted sound (exactly as the one being pushed into th amp).
    There is a way of controlling the amount of signal gain sent from the KPA to the amp?
    Has anybody experienced the problem?
    I really hope the above makes sense.
    Thank you for you time

• Press "input" - check your sence levels - Distortion Sence.

I second that. I assume that you have a guitar with rather low output pickup like a single coil. When you play trough your amp normally, the sound remains clean. But if the "clean sense" is set too low, the KPA will compensate for that when profiling and produce a profiling test signal that a considerably louder than the output of your guitar.

• I second that. I assume that you have a guitar with rather low output pickup like a single coil. When you play trough your amp normally, the sound remains clean. But if the "clean sense" is set too low, the KPA will compensate for that when profiling and produce a profiling test signal that a considerably louder than the output of your guitar.

Thanks for your answers. I've got a pair of EMG Humbuckers active pickups. So the output should be quite high .I've adjusted already the clean sense to avoid any possible distortion on clean sounds but that didn't help. Also I thought distorsion sense setting would affect distorted sound and not the clean one. I will have a go anyway next week-end and let you know if that does the trick..

Thanks again

• It did this to me once on fw 6900 when I was trying to profile my 58 Deluxe. I had to turn down the master volume. Doesn't seem to do this on 1.01 beta.

Vintage amp obsessive