Bert Meulendijk Acoustic Profile pack out now !!

• There are some very nice sounds in this Pack (I auditioned them using a Martin D18 with an LR Baggs Lyric).

Kudos for the Reverb settings you chose - very effective, and worth the price of the Pack :)

Not only does this turn the KPA into a solution for live acoustic gigs - it also offers the possibility of reamping acoustic instrument tracks in recording projects.

• There are some very nice sounds in this Pack (I auditioned them using a Martin D18 with an LR Baggs Lyric).

Kudos for the Reverb settings you chose - very effective, and worth the price of the Pack :)

Not only does this turn the KPA into a solution for live acoustic gigs - it also offers the possibility of reamping acoustic instrument tracks in recording projects.

Thanks @paults and you're right. It also offers a great possibility of reamping.
    But I'm also glad to hear that the profiles go so well with all different pu systems :) That was a big challenge for me..

• Hi Frank, I hope I'm a smart guy.... :/:wacko: First of all I'm not familiar with your taste when it comes to acoustic sounds...There are a lot of flavours in the pack... Second, if you have read your mail you can get the whole pack which are 30 profiles for the price of a beer and a frikandel because you are a loyal customer...I hope you are smart too haha

Hi Bert, i think i am smart. I just ordered the acoustic pack because i am a fricandel fan :)
    Soundclip will follow.

Cheers
    Frank

• ... and what about the L6 JTV acoustic models? I won't be set up to record (or buy) a proper acoustic, so I'll be relying on the L6 sims.

I've been meaning to ask this since Bert released the pack. I've planned to record the JTV acoustics directly and process them with plugins 'cause I've got de-essers (for taming unnatural high-end bite), compressors and analogue-path sims such as Slate stuff. Just wonder if it might be worth sending the tracks through the Kemper with Bert's pack. It'd be four sets of AD / DA conversion that I'd otherwise only have reserved for reamping electric where necessary, but nevertheless, the thought is there...

• . and what about the L6 JTV acoustic models?

If you like this acoustic simulation, than the qualtiy will be improved. (I have a JTV 69) But still will not become an acoustic guitar (for me). In the mix with the band is worth for strumming

With a Strat you can find clean brilliant not jarrend sounds which can be used for acoustic strumming parts in the background. I propose neck PU or Pos 4 (My middle PU is winded reverse.)

• how do these sound with an electric guitar has any one tried or they only meant for using with a real acoustic guitar

Hi Steve, they are tweaked and dialed in for acoustics. That doesn't mean they can't be used for electric. The studio EQ in the chain has some frequencies boosted and cut that imo are important for acoustics. If you bypass the EQ you just have some great pre amps

... and what about the L6 JTV acoustic models? I won't be set up to record (or buy) a proper acoustic, so I'll be relying on the L6 sims.

Hi Nicky, imo nothing beats an acoustic guitar recorded with some real good mics and pre's. For tracking acoustics I always work like that.
    But I have to use my acoustic just like anyone else in situations where you just can't use a mic (sadly enough). I've always been searching to find a pu system that comes as close as possible to a miked acoustic.The LR Baggs Anthem is the best (imo) system I could find till now. With my acoustic pack I've made an attempt to let the substitute miked situation sound as good as possible..
    I've used some really high end pre's and some pedals that are specially made for acoustics. I tweaked the rigs as I should probably tweak a miked acoustic.
    But the thing with acoustics is the source....the pick up...no system other than a mic (imo) can catch the real acoustic sound. But if we have to use the surrogate, let it be sound as good as possible :thumbup:
    Does my story make any sense...?

• But I have to use my acoustic just like anyone else in situations where you just can't use a mic (sadly enough). I've always been searching to find a pu system that comes as close as possible to a miked acoustic.The LR Baggs Anthem is the best (imo) system I could find till now. With my acoustic pack I've made an attempt to let the substitute miked situation sound as good as possible..

You seen this, Bert?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ... and what about the L6 JTV acoustic models? I won't be set up to record (or buy) a proper acoustic, so I'll be relying on the L6 sims.

I've been meaning to ask this since Bert released the pack. I've planned to record the JTV acoustics directly and process them with plugins 'cause I've got de-essers (for taming unnatural high-end bite), compressors and analogue-path sims such as Slate stuff. Just wonder if it might be worth sending the tracks through the Kemper with Bert's pack. It'd be four sets of AD / DA conversion that I'd otherwise only have reserved for reamping electric where necessary, but nevertheless, the thought is there...

For my live stuff I'm using the excellent 1959 Martin® D-28 model on my JTV-69 exclusively with the KPA for all acoustic sounds (finger picking & strumming) ...

... had very good results with Dorrus's profiles, but now with Bert's profiles I'm in acoustic heaven :P

... in a live situation it sounds probably as good as it gets ... IMHO

Cheers,
    Wolf

• I saw it at NAMM last year....it was amazing.

I was so close to ordering one when it was in the prototyping stage, but I couldn't really justify it, as I very rarely play acoustic out live to the point where I'd need my 'proper' acoustic (mostly I make do with my Acoustasonic Telecaster, as it's usually just a couple of strumming songs). @breu @Dlaut

• The finacial crowd funding for tone dexter failed at the end of december.
    I was thinking for to buy but I have all I need with my acoustified Strat and the Kemper at the moment. (Only strumming )
    If I have to play an acoustic Gig (the last was almost 2 years ago) I can use the Kemper or a Zoom A3.

• For my live stuff I'm using the excellent 1959 Martin® D-28 model on my JTV-69 exclusively with the KPA for all acoustic sounds (finger picking & strumming) ...
    ... had very good results with Dorrus's profiles, but now with Bert's profiles I'm in acoustic heaven :P

... in a live situation it sounds probably as good as it gets ... IMHO

Cheers,
    Wolf

Makes sense, Wolfie. Thank you.

I'm certain that if it were a live situation, this'd be the way to go; it'd be the only way to get that analogue-processing goodness into my JTV signal without latency (apart from using a real chain of analogue preamps etc.).

For my recording situation, the question still remains - plugins or reamping through Bert's pack...

• Hi Bert, i think i am smart. I just ordered the acoustic pack because i am a fricandel fan :) Soundclip will follow.

Cheers
    Frank

Ha,

cool pack Bert. This my example played with the piezzo of my music man majesty

Part 1 AC A mp1
    Part 2 AC A mp 1B
    Part 3 Aurora 1 strum
    Part 4 CH D2 FP
    Part 5 just a joke....... German D..... Cash (-;
    Part 6 Ven 4 FingerP C

Acuostic profiles without any eq tweak out of the box. Exellent pack for a beer and a frikandel!! Very useful for me, think i dont have to buy a acoustic git.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers
    Frank

• ToneDexter will reveal at NAMM a new version of their device to be release next april! It is suppose to be better, more compact and a lot less expensive than the prototype. About $399.00. I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!