Bert Meulendijk Acoustic Profile pack out now !!

• Bert you did a wonderful job on these profiles
    Thought I Join Frank with an example of how wonderful these profiles are.

By the way; because there is no cab you can easily use it for a matched eq

My contribution is Dee from Randy Rhoads, played on a variax acoustic

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks Monkey_man

I used the profile BM AC A MP1 B
    It was the first profile I started to play around with.
    I know there are more typical Fingerpicking profiles in bert's pack, but I had too much fun with this one.

I did not boost the top-end but instead cut the highes 1.5 db (starting at 8.2K)
    Did this on headphones which are a bit dark, therefore I also did a cut on the lows (perhaps too much?)

This might be the reason, and therefore you might be right Monkey_man!

• Thanks @geurtsema and @Eltzejupp ( I figured you had some Johnny Cash mojo haha) for your contributions !!! I like it very much :thumbup:

The A mp1 is the most bright one of the pack I think. It's nice for some thin strumming in a song in which you need only a thin crisp.
    Not really ment to be a fingerpick preset but turns out quite well in your beautiful played piece @geurtsema. Thanks man :thumbup:

• A-ha!

Well, the JTV models tend towards being overly-bright in a narrow HF range IMHO, as if there's a narrowish bell boost, which is why I mentioned, on the previous page, anticipating having to use a compressor or dynamic EQ when I eventually record.

Couple this with the possibility that you're using brand-new strings, the fact that your headphones were dark, the low cut you implemented and Bert's observation that the Profile is the brightest one in the pack, and, well, there was only ever going to be one outcome!

Glad to know my golden monkey ears haven't failed me... yet...

Thank you for responding, guys. ;)

• Dang. I went ahead and plunged for it.

One small problem, Bert (Calling you bud) - @breu:
    After the PayPal site sent me back to your one, I got a message in Nederlands that I think said I have to log in first, which I'd done during checkout (even re-saved the password to Safari).

Rather than try again, I'll wait a while to see if I receive a confirmation email from your company; I honestly cannot tell if I've bought it yet or not. I see no way of logging in or checking purchase history on your site other than the log-in option during checkout, which as I said, I did.

Thank you for any thoughts, bud. I don't want to miss out on the special pricing ending Jan 22. ;)

• Thanks @geurtsema and @Eltzejupp ( I figured you had some Johnny Cash mojo haha) for your contributions !!! I like it very much :thumbup:

The A mp1 is the most bright one of the pack I think. It's nice for some thin strumming in a song in which you need only a thin crisp.
    Not really ment to be a fingerpick preset but turns out quite well in your beautiful played piece @geurtsema. Thanks man :thumbup:

Thx Bert, this Johnny Cash thing was especially for brother Ash, i will never do it again :rolleyes:

• Hey Nicky,
    I didn't see anything come in..As far as I know you don't have to log into an account..You can buy as a guest...
    Can you see anything on your paypal account..?

• Thank you, Bert; you're genius, mate. I'm such a dunce I didn't think of checking the PayPal site. Yes, nothing went through.

I tried it again today, and it worked, so all done!

One question 'though:
    How do you think the Profiles will go with the Line6-modelled acoustic presets? They're designed to sound like acoustics mic'd up and there are no "pickup" models. I only realised after I bought the pack and read the info that the Profiles you made were designed for acoustics with PUs.

Any thoughts on this? Thank you again, bud!

• Great Nicky that it worked !!

The profiles were made with a pick up guitar (D41 with Anthem). But my guess is that everybody wants to have his acoustic sounding like a miked up acoustic.. I think a Line6 modelled guitar will sound just fine. In my soundsamples there are 2 samples made with an Aura loaded guitar which is basically the same as a line6 acoustic. I like some high end(10k) in my acoustics. Maybe you have to pull it back a bit on some rigs if it's there and you don't like that. But all preamps are just great and I'm sure they will work with your Line6 !!

• wow, the samples are sounding OUTSTANDING! i'm in the process of shopping for a new acousic,
    one i settled with one i'm definitely going to purchase this pack and see how it translates to
    my new tool and my playing. well done, kudos to you! hartelijk gefeleciteerd ;)

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"Nylon heart" (Alessandro Bartocci)

My own song where I used profiles from Bert Meulendijk' s acoustic pack

Profile: BM AC TG 2A (Acoustic Gtr: Martin DC Aura GT)
    Profile: BM AC TG2 Spanish 2B (Nylon Gtr: Gibson Chet Atkins)

Congratulations Bert for your amazing job: wonderful pack!!!

• Wicked @chitarmacista, like I told you before !!