OS 5.1 Experiences Thread :)

• Has the OCTA Fuzz disappeared or am i just going nuts? Delays are RIDICULOUSLY good btw. And so many choices now that I could play around with them for months and still have no clue what I'm doing LOL

• This is like asking for a glass of water and being handed a fire hose!

Ditto on what's Jessie1986 said: would take me forever to digest this, and I still won't know what I'm doing.

• Many thanks for adding these - it's appreciated :)

Being honest, the delays a year ago were below 'industry standard' (imo anyway) and, unless your delay tastes were very basic then they felt a bit antiquated.

The 5.0 release put them over and above my personal needs so I was already a happy bunny. These new ones are just crazy. This isn't me complaining - I'm delighted at such a vast change in one section of the profiler. I will find ways to use some of these but it's going to involve looking at delay in a different way because these are freaky. People used to freaky things will be instantly delighted. Me? I can see a bunch of possibilities that I'll need to throw some time at to get the best out of. It's kind of like discovering a new ingredient in cooking where, at first, you think 'what the heck do I do with this???' And then you discover something great to do with it and wonder how you ever did without it..... imagine the first time guys heard a fuzz pedal or a wah pedal. Both have the ability to sound horrible until you make magic with them. So 'here's to making magic' :)

On top of this it gives me great hope for the other fx sections in the Kemper; I don't think anyone out there can say anything other than 'wow' at the before vs after delay section on the unit. I cannot justify keeping outboard delays as of 5.0 for my personal needs, let alone now, so this frees up a few beer tokens for other things. A great upgrade and the price is certainly right :)

Like others have mentioned, some kind of preset management / editor is looking like a better idea all the time. This isn't me whinging - it's just that some people (myself included) would find it easier to tweak. Some of these beauties have an awful lot of pages of parameters and an elegant way of seeing it all / sharing them would make a great thing even better because folks who get on better with PC editors vs smaller screens will find it easier to create and share cool stuff which is surely good for us all, editor fans or not :)

• I ran into a bug.
    [Blocked Image: http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r704/jimmyrage/96BF05D8-0B6E-4A16-85E7-A9D3E592CA31_zpsae8m4j0h.jpg]

I updated rig manager, updated the Kemper, cleared all my old rigs and reinstalled factory rigs properly.

After that, I was able to screw around with the delays, everything ok.

I then thought I would browse through the factory profiles using rig manager to see what profiles I'd been missing out on. Did it for four-five rigs that were already on the profiler and then this happened.

• Hi nightlight,
    had the same issue with plder fw.
    Try to start again with pressed rig button when switching on. If it didnt help load the old fw, download the new fw again and install it again.

• I' think we're done with the delays for a long time ;)

the team went exploring some unusual delay types and got caught in crazy experiments :

I have seen some equations in Quantum Field Theory that are more simple. It is like a pissed off Feynman Diagram. Yikes. :P:D

• I didnt have much time with update but I didnt notice any new presets included only types. Are these new presets with the update or created ones ?

• I didnt have much time with update but I didnt notice any new presets included only types. Are these new presets with the update or created ones ?

New presets are part of 5.1 factory rigs which you can import using "Factory Rigs" option in SYSTEM menu (1st page) or if you want only presets not 254 rigs, you can download 5.1 factory rigs from Kemper downloads unzip the file and copy DLY*.kipr files from Stomp folder and put these files on USB stick. Then proceed as usual - plug USB stick into Kemper and use regular import procedure.