KPA FW / UPDATES and useful features

• I don't want to be critic.
    KPA team hard doing their job and they are geniuses.But, why they spending time with new delay features ?For many us this features aren't useful.

Dear Kemper.
    We are guitarist and we need something like perhaps Dual tracking or metronome, looper synchronizing etc.

But, again ,,YOU ARE THE BEST" :thumbup:

P.s
    I know ,I know.!!! Every updates are free,and is not correct to criticize.

• This post is a bit uncalled for, just because you don't need or want it does not mean others don't want it. Sure for the genre of music you play maybe you don't want these delay updates. But for many of us out here, they are very much welcomed. I will be selling my Eventide H9 Max today because these updates have made it useless to me.

Kemper, keep up the good work and continue to work on whatever you feel passionate about. We will continue to welcome the updates as you bring them and continue to be patient for the things that we personally want.

• I understand that there are different opinions about the priorities.
    For example my request number 1 is the tone stack library, which has been promised but eventually surpassed from other FR.
    But we have to admit that since the other companies have top notch delays and many users have swapped beacuse of the Fx on Helix and Fractal stuff, the idea of depply redesign and improve the delay section is absolutely agreable.

• You can't please everyone all of the time.

As an individual you can really only focus on getting one maybe two things done at once right? In development it's the same deal. Every user out there has their own priorities. The trouble is that it takes quite a lot of time to develop new things and there are far fewer developers working on a project than there are users.

So to get anything done at all the devs really have to split the difference to figure out what's best to work on next. Sometimes that means figuring out the number one request, other times that's going to mean pushing through till a single feature is "complete" while there is momentum there, yet other times it's going after the low hanging fruit.

For you delays are not that important but for plenty of other users it's a big deal. The opposite is also true, later on Kemper will be working on features that are important to you, but other people will be grumbling about how Kemper doesn't want to pay attention to what is clearly the biggest gap in it's feature list. Hopefully though people will grasp the nature of development as otherwise Kemper can't really win and that's not fair to them because they're working hard to bring us these great features for free.

For me personally new delays aren't as high a priority as maybe reverbs, or some form of room convolution verb IR creation during profiling, or more tremelo LFO shapes, or an editor, or well half a dozen other new features. But I get why Kemper have continued focus on delays, and what a big deal these are to many other folk, I also get that all of this stuff is just gravy on top of an already great dish. I don't *need* anything extra, to make good music, the Kemper does what it sets out to do and then some.

So be patient. The Kemper is already massively different from when it was originally launched, eventually whatever it is that's most critical to you will get it's day in the sun.

• This post is a bit uncalled for, just because you don't need or want it does not mean others don't want it. Sure for the genre of music you play maybe you don't want these delay updates. But for many of us out here, they are very much welcomed. I will be selling my Eventide H9 Max today because these updates have made it useless to me.

Yes ,you are happy now. I will be happy next time. :thumbup:

But don't kill me for my opinion ;)

• The delays are something of a luxury for me and will rarely be used. However, the Kemper already does way more than I had in any other setup and to a very high standard.

Free updates are something I never get with plugins and Pro Tools, so everything is a bonus and I can't thank them enough.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Guys...we don't even know if a profile is direct amp (ok, cab is off), studio or merged directly from our units, so what are you talking about? It could be a simple "D", "S" and "M" symbol somewhere on kemper's screen. I know that it will be implemented one day that's why i am not complaining...there is always a more important feature than some others.

• The Delays are something many many users have been waiting for. I think it's simply wrong to say they aren't useful. Why they presented them before the reverbs will have its reason and that's fine for me. I'd like to see a metronome, too, but would never consider this more important than improving any of the standard effects. To me this is somewhat like comparing apples and pears. Sometimes I feel like we're a bit spoiled when scrolling through this subforum. Just my 2c.^^

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Ok.

Rename thread.

,,USEFUL FOR GUITARIST"

I have lot of friends , they do not want to buy KPA, because everything is complicated to adjust.And with new delays is absolurely ,,Cosmics"

I need synchro looper and as I read CK said will be lot programming !!! And now this Cosmics delay with lot of parameters?

I 'm sorry for my english.

• The fact that new deays have a lot of parameters doesn't mean they have to use them :)
    Probably your friends woouldn't have bought the KPA anyway, if they are used to stomps or more straight chains ;)

BTW I agree with you that quantisation would be the main feature to make the looper really usable live.
    I don't know anything about coding, but i can believe that the delay development was already planned, so the code has been written in a certain way, while the quantisation had never been put in the works, maybe.