Running cabinets live

• Guys just got KPa powered rack
    Just did first days preproduction with it was great running straight into my vintage 4x12 , but for big shows gonna need more db's
    Would I be better to run from Monitor out to radial amp splitter then into Fx loop returns on each of my Marshall Amps then 16 ohm out to each cabinet ????
    Thanks

• Guys just got KPa powered rack
    Just did first days preproduction with it was great running straight into my vintage 4x12 , but for big shows gonna need more db's
    Would I be better to run from Monitor out to radial amp splitter then into Fx loop returns on each of my Marshall Amps then 16 ohm out to each cabinet ????
    Thanks

The Kemper Power head has hundreds of watts and transparent power amplification. You should be able to run multiple 4x12 cabs in parallel from the power head. If the cabs are 16 Ohm, then 2,3 or 4 quad boxes in parallel should be feasible. You might need a connector box to wire up that many of course.

If you go the other way, with Marshall power tubes driving the cabs, you will get a different response and the colouration of those power sections will be superimposed on the profiles. You may like the result - depending on the profiles you are using and your tastes so I would do that comparison (ie Power head vs Marshall power amp into the same 4x12) and choose which works better for you live on stage at stage volume.

Some pros do go the tube power amp route - eg Michael Britt for some time used a 100 Mesa Lonestar head power section on stage to drive a MESA cab with C90s rather than FRFR monitoring ( he has more recently mentioned using a Friedman FRFR too ) not exactly sure what he is currently using in his live rig.