Celestion announces speaker impulse responses

• I've testing some 500ms and 200ms IRs in my Two Notes Torpedo Vb-101 and WOSIII and the sound much better loaded into Mellowmuse IR1A. Much much better!!

• very fine, please share some profiles if you use cab maker , I'm interested in some test rigs.

I don't know, how to share profiles legally, when the cabs used (converted from IR) are from a seller?
    If I make merged rigs with a direct profile and "Celestion IR" everyone is able to use the cab - and not has to buy it. I don't think Celestion will like that?! MirekGR10 shared the free one - so this seems o.k. to me.

I hope Celestion will do some more; especially my favourite Lynchback speaker - until then I still have to move cabs and mics for this flavour :)

• I've testing some 500ms and 200ms IRs in my Two Notes Torpedo Vb-101 and WOSIII and the sound much better loaded into Mellowmuse IR1A. Much much better!!

Thanks for the hint! I will try the Torpedo C.A.B. and compare to some plugins... next weekend...

• I don't know, how to share profiles legally, when the cabs used (converted from IR) are from a seller?If I make merged rigs with a direct profile and "Celestion IR" everyone is able to use the cab - and not has to buy it. I don't think Celestion will like that?! MirekGR10 shared the free one - so this seems o.k. to me.

I hope Celestion will do some more; especially my favourite Lynchback speaker - until then I still have to move cabs and mics for this flavour :)

It´s the same as to make KPA profiles from line 6 / helix axe FX etc.

Kemper is simply something like copier machine. :thumbup:
    It's not fair, but it depends on you.

If you are doing profiles with KPA profiling tool : AMP - IR LOADER - KPA = OK

• Here is a comparison with Reampzone merged profile of the 6505.

Celestion Balanced sm57 v30 4 12 closed IR is first 2 times. Actual merged profile second 2 times.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Bought the G12-65. This is a short test with my LSL T-Bone and a Marshall JTM1 amp (1 watt). I like them!!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I decided to test out all the Celestion IR I bought with the Toaster.

So my plan is: After loading all (!) converted IR to the Kemper as presets, I'll choose an unboosted medium gain (Marshall) profile with rather neutral settings and save all presets/cabs as new rigs. Means same di profile with 599 cab/speaker options, in my case.

After that (and recovering time for my fingers pushing buttons again and again X/ ) I would be able to:
    1. Get rid again of 599 presets on the Kemper
    2. Use Rigmanager to simple tag the cabs and scroll through them easily
    3. Have an better overview (using folders and sorting by name and tags...)
    4. Compare all "Celestion IR" fast and simple, forth and back just by clicking and scrolling with mouse
    5. Compare, how different gain settings work with various Celestion speakers by reducing or adding gain on the profile, lock this and click through cabs in RM
    6. Search for a specific "IR", do a short test, then lock the cab section and try with different (di) profiles...

And yes, an editor wouldn't be a bad thing for this plan... :)

Edited once, last by Ibot39 ().

• I did about the same:

I did keep the cab presets in my Kemper (as I only have 18 ). Changed the names to shorter ones (on the Kemper with keyboard) so the full name shows up when browsing the presets.
    It is a very tedious process though.

• So I got the V30 4X12 and the G12M Greenback 4X12.

Not tried the V30 yet, but I much prefer the Greenback over the Creamback. The Greenback sounds more "open" compared to the Creamback, which sounds quite honky and nasal in comparison.

• Just made a quick test with the G12H anniversary (which are by far my favorite speakers ever).
    For 6 euros is a good catch, there are some pretty usable tones (never forget that we have some more controls in the cab section and they can really make the difference from a good and a bad sound), and some are very good.
    Still prefere my to-go cab, taken from a Michael Wagener merged profile (G12H, too).

• I downloaded the G12 M greenback, G12H Ann, G12 65. In 1x12 open, 412 closed. They sound great, I recommend them as a purchase and especially now as they are 50% off on single cabs. For $36 it was a no brainer.

• Ok, so after playing a bunch of MBritt and TAF Marshall profiles that had Celestions, here are my thoughts on how they compare...
    If you are looking for a difference in the quality of sound to the best that is out the you will not find it (at least anything I could hear). It really comes down to a different flavour choice. I could quickly take a dark sounding profile and brighten it up or the reverse. There are also lots of choices that make the bottom end stand out more or a nice bite. It's a great way to have an instant EQ. I found nothing to be muffled and notes were nice and distinct, the amp profiles really held their character. With the open back cabinets, you do get the feel of a little more air in the sound.
    The real fun for me is pairing a Fender Deluxe with a Celestion 1x12 open back, it sounds great, adding some nice mid-range and punch.
    When you buy a cabinet you get a bunch of choices. From SM57, Sennheiser MD421, Royer R-121, Neumann TLM107, mono, stereo, and mixes of mics.
    If someone just wants more of a colour palette to what they already have and wants that Celestion sound, then I would definitely recommend the Celestion IR's. They are a great value.

Edited once, last by drog ().

• In my experience, Impulses converted to Kemper format with the Cabmaker doesn't sound as good as them loaded using a plugin in the DAW.

Here is a test I did using the same Impulse to record Top Jimi's Super Lead Merged rig with the Impulse converted using Cabmaker. XLR with cab emulation on into the DAWlvs Monitor Out with cab emulation off into the DAW and loading the same impulse there. The second part of each clip is the converted version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4f0…vs%20IR%20Loader.wav?dl=0