recording with audio interface

• Hi,

I am new on recording. I would like to record a guitar track over a backing track using kemper and native Komple 6 audio interface.
    Today, I have a pair of HS7 monitors plugged to my kemper xlr mains out. I connected kemper to audio interface through spdif (out of the kemper in the audio interface).
    In my audio interface I want to record the guitar track over a backing track.

What would be the best scheme to record ? Of course I want to hear both backing track and guitar in the same time.

Sorry for this question if it seems dumb to you.

thanks in advance

Mat

• Hi webb

I tested cubase LE and reaper. Reaper seems easier to use for me.

So I have to unplug them from the kemper when I want to record. What about using the spdif in of the kemper ?

• Hi webb

I tested cubase LE and reaper. Reaper seems easier to use for me.

So I have to unplug them from the kemper when I want to record. What about using the spdif in of the kemper ?

You can still keep your monitors plugged into the interface whether you're recording or not. Not need to switch back and forth. Sound will go Kemper -> interface -> monitors.

• I tested this configuration. Kemper SPDIF out to Komplete audio 6 SPDIF IN. Then Komplete Main out LR to my monitor with Jack (Guitar cable).

Unfortunately, I cannot hear the guitar sound in the monitor. Interface is correctly sync'ed as a slave with Kemper. In reaper when I try to record, no sound in the monitors but it works when I play the recording.

I suspect my jack cables. They may not be appropriates for this connection.

Matt

Solved by activating monitoring in Reaper

Edited once, last by matlo74 ().