Rig Manager public BETA 2.0

• Thanks @Antipodes! Seeing it as a crash rather than an installer glitch was the ticket. I ran again without the Profiler attached and had no further trouble.

OK - glad to hear. The 1.6 build was crashing daily for me for the last months. Support seemed to think it was something about other software I was running - I am on Win 7 64. I had a crash after the download completed on the first go through and so had to restart 1.6 RM and download all over again which is thankfully very quick these days. On the second run through I got the installer pop-up and ran it to completion.

BTW - installing betas kills my RM shortcut on the desktop which points to nothing after the update. I have to launch from the start menu. Then when the thing goes full release I need another new RM shortcut to launch it.

GIven that you cannot run the full version and a beta update at the same time it might be better to maintain the shortcut somehow.

BTW - the new RM beta 2.0 seems more stable for me so far so that is good news. Looking forward to the editor.

• GIven that you cannot run the full version and a beta update at the same time it might be better to maintain the shortcut somehow.

the shortcut is supposed to keep working when you update to a new version, beta or not. and it does so, at least here.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• GIven that you cannot run the full version and a beta update at the same time it might be better to maintain the shortcut somehow.

BTW - the new RM beta 2.0 seems more stable for me so far so that is good news. Looking forward to the editor.

In the past, also mine was killed each time. Have not tried with this version.
    I will report back, if it happens again.

• the shortcut is supposed to keep working when you update to a new version, beta or not. and it does so, at least here.

Windows 7 64bit here and my desktop shortcut always works with full or beta release. By the way no crash on mine while updating with KPA on and attached..

• Can we edit folders to include imagery now, in the same way as the rig pack folders? Would like to be able to include an image of the amp in each folder. Not essential, but I am a visual person by nature, and would love to do this.

• But I don't see an option to download the 64 bit version.
    [Blocked Image: http://up.picr.de/28072148ax.jpg]

When you download Rib Manager zip file, there are 2 version inside 32-bit and 64-bit.

EDIT

there is some problem on Download page, label says it is Rig Manager 1.6 public beta, underneath it is Rig Manager 2.0 beta and when you click on DOWNLOAD button, now you have only MSI installer for 32-bit, not zip as earlier with two install files (32-bit and 64-bit)

[Blocked Image: https://s29.postimg.org/su7e9ahjb/rm1.jpg]

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• I'm getting the same error. Running Win 10 64 bit. There is no 64 bit installer for Rig Manager available as of the time of this post. The link is for a 32 bit version.

Bummer. But thanks to the Kemper team for all the new stuff as I'm sure this is just a slight bump in the road. Can't blame them with NAMM and all.

• Something goes wrong when trying to make a fresh install of Rig Manager 2.0 beta 64-bit version. (KPA is not connected):

Windows 8.1 x64

Here's my debuglog.txt:

------------- session start 2017-01-20 21:43:05------------------
    V2.0.11.12783
    Windows x64 6.3
    UPM XML parsing error 2: Line 1, Col 1: tag or eof expected, illegal character
    Location added: Local Library
    Location added: Local Library
    !!!Exception!!!
    Tiedostoa tai kokoonpanoa RigPackControlLibrary, Version=2.0.11.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null tai jotakin sen riippuvuutta ei voi ladata. Määritettyä tiedostoa ei löydy.
    kohteessa ProfilerControlCenter.FormMain.InitializeComponent()
    kohteessa ProfilerControlCenter.FormMain..ctor(WinApp* app, list<Access::MetaCollection \*\,std::allocator<Access::MetaCollection \*> >* metaCollections, Collection* currentCollection)
    kohteessa Access.WinApp.OnApplicationMessage(WinApp* , UInt32 message, Int64 param1, Int64 param2)
    kohteessa Access.Application.WinProc(HWND__* hwnd, UInt32 msg, UInt64 wp, Int64 lp)
    kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageA(MSG& msg)
    kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    kohteessa Access.Application.Run(Application* , Int32 argc, SByte** argv)
    kohteessa WinMain(HINSTANCE__* hInstance, HINSTANCE__* hPrevInstance, SByte* lpCmdLine, Int32 nCmdShow)
    SoftwareUpdater XML parsing error 2: Line 1, Col 1: tag or eof expected, illegal character
    SoftwareUpdater XML parsing error 2: Line 1, Col 1: tag or eof expected, illegal character
    ------------------ closing application -------------------

Edit: Also, the shortcut icon has never appeared to the desktop when installing or updating the rig manager. I have always added it manually.

Edited once, last by spk77 ().