Behringer B205D personal monitor

• Hi, I am new to Kemper.
    I plan to use it mostly live. We play small clubs, European Folkrock - my sounds are cleanish to warm overdrive. So far, I have used 5-15W tube amps as my stage sound.
    We use Alto TX8 speakers for monitors, but I do not like how the Kemper sounds through them. Our main PA is Yamaha DXR10 + EV 12" subs
    For me the big boxes like AA, Matrix, and even Yamaha DXR10 etc are unnecessary - too much power and money.

Anybody has used the Behringer B205D personal monitor ? Or is there another good quality small active monitor ?
    I also purchased Camplifier studio 25W - another option would be to use with small passive Full range speaker. I am pretty skilled in building cabinets and not afraid of building one with say 8-10" extended range speaker.
    Any recs ? So far I like how the Kemper/Camplifier sound through my 1x12 Celestion Blue cabinet, but would like to range that FR speaker cabinet offers..

thanks for your help !!

Petr

• I have a B205D and I have used it as vocal monitor in an acoustic trio. Just for fun I've tried it with the KPA. It sounds very thin, no body and character. Is doesn't do justice to the KPA quality. At the moment I use a QSC K12 and for me this is perfect. I understand this is too big for you. I'd recommend a smaller FRFR monitor....

• I don't like speakers smaller than 10" for anything other than practise in small spaces and/or with low volume. For a performance it has to be a bigger (preferably a pair) speaker or IEM. I started with a pair of Behringer F1320D, a 300w 12" wedge, some years ago with my first amp-sim (Digitech), then moved on to Yamaha DXR10's and finally Dynacord AXM 12A. The AXM's are compact and light for 12", but probably above your budget.

In your position I would consider the DRX10 even if you don't need the power because it also could be backup for the DRX10s you use for mains. Otherwise I'd be looking at reasonably-priced 10" coaxial wedges. Coaxial designs are most compact and usually also offer the widest dispersion. I've tried some cheap 10" monitors from Thomann that sound decent. These are a generic design produced in China, and probably available with different branding elsewhere. Unfortunately it has only one input. I prefer two inputs, because that makes it possible to take a monitor-mix from FOH (without guitar) and blend that to taste with the monitor-output from the Kemper and thus get away with using a single speaker in cramped spaces.

• Thanks for input guys.
    I ordered the Behringer and will report on it.
    I have also looked at coaxial speakers.
    Are there any favorites?