Merged profile tutorial

• A good tutorial on YouTube

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It looks like this guy is doing a series of tutorials...

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Excellent tutorial. However, the "Direct/Studio/Merged" profile topic is difficult enough for people unfamiliar to the Kemper system. Incorporating a Two Notes Torpedo Live device into the equation adds another level of possible confusion. I did offer the following comment/suggestion to the YouTube uploader, to perhaps clarify why he is using the Torpedo Live.

-----------------

Excellent video tutorial, Nico. Well done.
    I would simply offer the following suggestion...

You might want to explain, in a commentary box for this video, that the "normal" method of making a Direct/Studio/Merged Profile is to use a suitable DI Box (which accepts speaker level signal) and an actual mic'd cabinet. Here, you are using a Two Notes Torpedo Live, which is a great piece of kit...but it might be a bit confusing for those not familiar with this device, who may wonder if it is necessary.

I presume you are using the Torpedo Live, en lieu of a DI Box + mic'd Cabinet, due to ease of use. That is, it is both a load box (so you don't need to connect amplifier to a speaker cabinet) plus it has built-in cabinet/mic simulations. In other words, the Torpedo Live eliminates the need for a dedicated DI Box, and the "hassle" of actually connecting and mic'ng a physical guitar cabinet.
    Cheers.

• Fair point, made well...

• Never thought of doing this though...

• Never thought of doing this though...

Love it. I noted that in the original YouTube vid (How to make a Merged Profile)...but I am glad a separate video was made. Indeed, I would never have thought about using a keyboard. Good stuff, and thanks for posting.

Cheers,
    John

• New delay tutorial from the same guy...