Need help with Direct Profiling

• Hello,

Purchased a powered Kemper about three weeks ago and it really is a genius bit of kit. I'm trying to direct profile my Suhr Badger 18 so i can move it on.

When i profile the Suhr, quite loud and clean, the Kemper result is quiet but distorted. Keeps telling me it's detected a noise gate too. I've tried trawling through the forums for any solution but nothing yet.

I may have it connected wrong so i'll explain my chain.

Guitar into KPA - Kemper Direct Out to Suhr Input - Suhr out into Behringer G100 input - Behringer XLR out to KPA XLR in - Behringer out to Suhr Cabinet.

Any tips or advice would be welcome, thanks.

• Check that you have proper levels into the G100 incase a pad is engaged. It might be alittle tricky when profiling loud if trying to get direct profile, sometimes you might have to engage the PAD but when you do that , not enough volume is going in the Kemper so it might think there's a noise gate on, just guessing. The solution if that's the case would be to increase levels of the return. As you profile look at the input leds and make sure they become green to indicate adequate signal and if not , in the Kemper you can increase the levels of the return signal in the profile screen.

• Hi,

Welcome - I'm KP new myself.

Don't know if this will help but I have gotten the "noise gate" notice when profiling my Frenzel 5E3 amp.In my case, I had the cabinet mic'd into an Allen & Heath mixer --> Return Input on KP.

The condition that caused the "noise gate" notice was clipping by the mixer. During profiling, I was over-driving the mixer, causing clipping which, apparently, the KP interpreted as a noise gate. I balanced up the various gains and volumes on the mixer to leave adequate head room and profiling went without issues.

Hope this helps.

• I ran into a similar issue making direct profiles using the Behringer GI100. It's important to turn off the speaker cab emulation on the DI; otherwise your profiles will sound weak and tonally strange.

Behringer's docs don't explain which switch position is bypass; but some headphone listening during profiling led me to leave the switch in the out position to bypass the cabinet emulation. (Press it 'in' to engage cab emulation.)

Profiles made this way are very accurate and 'juicy' sounding. I'm not likely to ever even try to profile through mics/console/cabs when I've got this option.

Edited 2 times, last by psammm ().