CAB EQ

• ...is missing... i know there is an eq. but it would be better to have a regular eq (3 band fix or 4 band with variable frequencies) for the cab itself. so the cab-profile can be stored with its own eq.

• ...is missing... i know there is an eq. but it would be better to have a regular eq (3 band fix or 4 band with variable frequencies) for the cab itself. so the cab-profile can be stored with its own eq.

Typical spoiled Axe owner! :D :D :D Just kidding, good idea!

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• There are two seperate EQ settings i think? (Maby i am wrong on this :P ). One for the profiled AMP, and one for the MASTER (Press the master button). The MASTER EQ is kept when changing profiles. I have adjusted the MASTER EQ to fit my Thiele 1x12 cabinet. I have not checked if changing the MASTER EQ will affect the MASTER output only and not the headphone output. And i dont know if it is possible to store the MASTER EQ setting. Anyway - it would be nice to have a EQ with 3 band fix or 4 band with variable frequencies :)

• There are two seperate EQ settings i think? (Maby i am wrong on this :P ). One for the profiled AMP, and one for the MASTER (Press the master button). The MASTER EQ is kept when changing profiles. I have adjusted the MASTER EQ to fit my Thiele 1x12 cabinet. I have not checked if changing the MASTER EQ will affect the MASTER output only and not the headphone output. And i dont know if it is possible to store the MASTER EQ setting. Anyway - it would be nice to have a EQ with 3 band fix or 4 band with variable frequencies :)

Agree. In the meantime you can put the Studio Equalizer in "X" and lock it

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Lets say you have a profile where the cab portion has a rather dull sound with lack of high frequencies, for example that really great sounding triple recto profile some user put online a few days ago. You can compensate for that cab sound by using the an eq in the stack, stomp oder effect section, which also works great. The problem is that when you now want to use the monitor output of the KPA to connect to a poweramp and a guitar cab, lets say for a live performance: on the monitor output, the cab portion of that profile would be deactivated. Now, the profile without the cab will sound totally trebly and unbalanced compared to the other profiles which normally used a cab with more high end.

So i think a dedicated minimal eq for each cab in a profile would be great because that way you can set your profiles to work in each situation.

• Yeah, a pretty basic Cab EQ would be great! Maybe even only a "Tilt-Style" EQ - sort of simulating moving the mic closer to the center or away from it.

• Yes, that's would be great.

The KPA has a lot of EQ's today - I often setups like this EQ - AMP - EQ - CAB - EQ

Even more than an EQ in the CAB block do I miss the tonestack switch to get it before the AMP - yes, I repeat myself :D

Some kind of basic bass and highend shelf filter in the CAB block would be great as well - but on the other hand - I just move the mice until it sounds right :P

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de