Guitar picking up electric noises when recording :(

• @danijelsh

Thanks once again for such a good answer.

The people at Gigabyte being really unhelpful. I asked them further into my problem and still they always send me the same answers. Got this reply this morning from them:

''Hello,

Please suggest:
    1. Update latest BIOS
    Z170XDesignare.zip

2. Update latest driver from our website
    http://www.gigabyte.com/Mother…signare-rev-10#support-dl
    3. Suggest check if any different when connect speaker on Front and Rear Audio. ''

And yes, I would ideally want to skip selling my two computers to buy a single MBP. One option is to track all electric guitars with my MBP and then mixing/editing in my Hackintosh but that seems kind of a hassle and could be annoying work flow.

I'm really busy today but tomorrow or wednesday I will record both audio and video of this issue. But just to add more information, if I turn off my computer and monitor through the UAD OR Kemper headphone plug I don't get any noise. So its not the UAD and it's not the Kemper making this problem. It's definitely the computer :(

• I'm pretty sure I have the same problem as what you are describing. My solution was to buy long cables and have computer right across the other side of the room. I remember looking into this issue years ago online - very frustrating! I thought it was just pickups receiving interference from the computer fan......

In doing my tests I also found that switching off Bluetooth on the computer helped with noise quite a lot. I used the Magic Mouse but when finding this out I switched back to the just plain old wired mouse and keyboard;)

I Will try disabling c-states(I'm planning on overclocking my computer so will probably need to anyway).

• did you guys end up solving this problem? ive found that going to power options in settings and reducing the maximum processor state to 30% or so has removed 95% of the PC noise that my strat is picking up..seems like a bad idea though to do that, no?

• Hey. I am also getting electric noises on my Kemper now, so I wanted to raise the alert.

Please listen to this recording.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I normally don't have any issues with my Kemper and I am a user since 2013. This is extremely weird.

Can anyone help? ckemper  DonPetersen  Kemper Support #1

It is totally strange. I had to stop playing tonight on account of this tonight. Wasn't happening till recently. I'm on an iMac, i9, 64gb ram, some graphics card and an older Kemper OS, I think the last main revision.

It's not just on recordings as well. I can hear it when I try to jam.