Delay to keep ringing when switching channels??

• I thought I would only use 3 channels for my Kemper live, but I think I can use another channel for a a long delay, that should let a ringing open E chord for a while, to mask when I switch over to play the clean passage.

I have tried setting the delay for a very long time, but the delay seems to end too soon when I switch to the other channel!

Hmmm... is there a way to get passed this, and let the delay ring out for its entire duration???? 8|

• This should work for you, so check to see how it is set in the rig. From the manual

"Rig Spillover Off
    If this new option in the Rig Settings is selected, the effects located in the Delay (DLY) and Reverb (RVB) moduleswill not "spill over", when you switch to another Rig. This means that the delay or reverb tail will be cut immediatelyon a Rig change, rather than decaying freely.
    Effects in other Modules never spill over, regardless of how this option is set. "

• I already have "rig spillover off" set to "ON" (why does Kemper does these confusing "on/off" things reversed?! :p )

But it does not help!

There IS a spillover, as I said in the first post, but the delay does NOT ring out as long as it does.

LET ME EXPLAIN:

Channel 3 = delay for 8 seconds
    I switch to channel 2 = the delay dies out after 2 seconds

So it's not "rig spillover off" where the channel switches completely.

• I think the problem here is that the spill-over feature doesn't allow for unlimited duration. So a very long delay won't result in a very long spill-over.

There are limits, probably due to some implementation consideration.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM