Cab Maker question

• Works perfectly for me, I use 3rd party IRs almost exclusively...especially with profiles from the Rig Exchange. It's amazing how a mediocre profile really wakes up after merging in a professional cab IR. And I include my own profiles in that statement as well. I think most people just don't have the time or patience to test out the hundreds of various IRs that come with commercial cab IR packs.

As for updating Cabmaker, no point in doing that until the next gen KPA comes to market as is able to use higher quality IRs

• Works for me as well.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• to me they sounded "flat" or "one dimensional" compaired to a good kempercab. I don't know what celestion does different when making their IR's but they sound much better to me. I only tried the red wirez/ownhammers through monitors, so I don't know if they are better suited for recording?
    you can try the free IR (v30) on the celestion website to see if you like it better

• Cederick,

if you discover an issue with one of our products, contact support by email or alternatively post a question to the trouble shooting section of this forum. Don't make a bolt claim such as "Is CabMaker dead?" which is totally unrelated to your inquiry. I have watched your recent posts and as a result, i would like to recommend you to read up on netiquette. we have sent you a guide by email when you've signed up and we expect you to respect our rules.

thank you.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I'll have to do a test but from what I remember when testing in the past. The IR when loaded into the NadIR loader on Extreme setting sounded more defined than the Kemper converted cab. Again, this was awhile ago, I'll do a test soon and post the results.

• I recorded a Rosen Digital Engl 412 to show the difference in IR vs Kemper cab!

First IR = smoother top end
    Then "the same" Kemper Cab = more high fizz

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not sure I can hear much difference than that, but it's still not the same.

• Cederick,

if you discover an issue with one of our products, contact support by email or alternatively post a question to the trouble shooting section of this forum. Don't make a bolt claim such as "Is CabMaker dead?" which is totally unrelated to your inquiry. I have watched your recent posts and as a result, i would like to recommend you to read up on netiquette. we have sent you a guide by email when you've signed up and we expect you to respect our rules.

thank you.

What I refer to with "dead" is that there's no longer a forum for it... Which makes me believe not many people use it.

As you might hear in the clip above, there's a difference between the IR and Kemper Cab from Rosen Digital

And when I made a Kemper Cab from an IR a while ago, it also was different sounding from the IR.
    I would definitely use Cab Maker if it wasn't making the cabs sound different once converted

With that said, I've still not tried Cab Maker 2.0 (I think it was)
    I can't sleep tonight anyway so I will do that right now!

EDIT: and the fact I cannot find Cab Maker on your homepage :/

EDIT 2: I found it now, after googling, and wading through forum posts. Not sure I would say Kemper is the most easy-to-find-things website of all :S

• Downloaded Cab Maker 2.0
    Imported some random Mesa IR I had on my computer
    Recorded and compared

Same difference as above!

The IR is smoother and the Kemper Cab kpir has more fizz in the top end

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

However, with this particular IR it's maybe a good thing because it was way dark... but the fact that Cab Maker DOES change the sound, is not a good thing. It shouldn't do that

So, in other words, it's still not working properly?