Kemper > Mixer > GT1000FX vs Kemper > GT1000FX

• I have a Yamaha MG10XU mixer that I could run my Kemper through prior to going into my Matrix GT1000FX power amp and then my 212 Xitone Stereo cab. This would allow me to EQ and blend in a variety of things like music and other instruments.

My question is...

Will there be a degredation in the sound from going into the $150 mixer rather than going direct into my Matrix with Stereo XLR?

• Yes, there will be a difference in sound. I guess it depends on your ears with how much it bothers you sound wise. If you have the gear already, then it's a simple A/B and test it to hear how it sounds. The benefits of running everything into the one speaker might make it worth it for you. You can always leave the mix flat and EQ the output of the Kemper. You could also try sending the Kemper to the mixer in the efx return and see if that is better.

Sorry, there is no real answer other than use your ears.

• Hey, kkburks1230. Did you try the Kemper through your mixer yet? I'm thinking about buying the same or a similar mixer to run my pc sound and Kemper through to my studio monitors. I'm also worried about sound degradation.

• Why not run your mixer into the Kemper's Alt Input? I do it at shows to run sound before the PA is up. Sounds awesome with my phone even.

I never thought of that, thanks. I'm might pick up a cheap Behringer 802 , any opinions? The only bad point is that I always have to turn on the Kemper to hear the PC audio though.