Price drop across the board!

• Now that I'm hearing that response for the second time, I wonder how accurate it is. Same for the editor.
    "Maybe" can mean yes or no. It could mean now or an eternity later. No point in stirring up a hornet's nest on the forum.

I can imagine six months down the line people will swear "We were promised an editor, where is it?" haha

He couldn't confirm anything because it's against company policy to discuss any possible future developments with people outside the company, but stating "would be kind of weird if we didn't" is an indirect way of saying yes, in my opinion.

• I called Sweetwater to order a Power Head and Remote combo last week and asked them to get back with me with their best deal. They came back with $2600 for everything and I was floored - almost $500 off list.

After the markdowns this week I still saved about $100, but not as impressive. Still though, I'm so glad to be back in the Kemper family.

• He couldn't confirm anything because it's against company policy to discuss any possible future developments with people outside the company, but stating "would be kind of weird if we didn't" is an indirect way of saying yes, in my opinion.

Depending on the exact words that were spoken... I dunno... Maybe they said that "it would be strange if we didn't CONSIDER it"? That's not the same as "it would be strange if we didn't DO it"...

• Well, he spoke to me and the exact words to the question of if Kemper is going to offer a floor-based model were "would be kind of weird if we didn't, wouldn't it?" with a look that told me all I needed to know.

• Now that I'm hearing that response for the second time, I wonder how accurate it is. Same for the editor.
    "Maybe" can mean yes or no. It could mean now or an eternity later. No point in stirring up a hornet's nest on the forum.

I can imagine six months down the line people will swear "We were promised an editor, where is it?" haha

I had the face and demeanor to accompany it. It's a yes. The editor itself was explicitly confirmed, though I'd be wary for anybody expecting it anytime soon.

• Maybe they're holding it back until the Frankfurt music fair... But the companies don't really care about the german music trade fair anymore. Did Kemper have a booth in 2016?

A compact Kemper pedalboard unit would be my perfect B-Rig for smaller gigs.
    Damn, I was close to considering a Helix for this purpose. ;)

If i recall correctly, they didn't.

I'm torn between the cool idea of having a small floor rig (perhaps a little bigger than the remote) and the fear of people dropping beer and cocktails over it.

• I'm not so sure I like the floor model idea. Besides the beer and accidental bumping into by drunks everywhere, changing parameters reaching down to the floor doesn't really sound all that user friendly, especially with my bad back. But maybe they'll come up with some clever idea to avoid this. They ARE pretty good at clever ideas.

We'll see.

Gary ô¿ô

• I'm not so sure I like the floor model idea. Besides the beer and accidental bumping into by drunks everywhere, changing parameters reaching down to the floor doesn't really sound all that user friendly, especially with my bad back. But maybe they'll come up with some clever idea to avoid this. They ARE pretty good at clever ideas.

We'll see.

I seldom change parameters during a gig. Just having a couple of rigs at my disposal, along with morphing, and the ability to turn on/off a couple of selectable stomps/effects would work perfectly for me.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• At NAMM when I asked if they are working on a floor model, it was obvious that they are. I think that's more likely a reason than a Kemper II, perhaps knowing that floor models have a huge appeal and would make rack and head configurations harder to sell. Plus, I think a Kemper II would mean they'd save the new delays and features for that release to incentivize it.

I can see a floor model, sure, but it would be inconvenient to use if you are into constant tweaking. I once asked them at NAMM about a reduced price/feature model that could load profiles but couldn't create them; they didn't see a reason for it, and electronics-wise it wouldn't save much space. I imagine at some point they will come out with a Kemper II, but I don't know how much more it would do than the current models.

What would you people want in a Kemper II?

• I can see a floor model, sure, but it would be inconvenient to use if you are into constant tweaking. I once asked them at NAMM about a reduced price/feature model that could load profiles but couldn't create them; they didn't see a reason for it, and electronics-wise it wouldn't save much space. I imagine at some point they will come out with a Kemper II, but I don't know how much more it would do than the current models.
    What would you people want in a Kemper II?

A button to keep me in better time and another to make my fingers glide up/down the fretboard like Carlos Santana, that is all for me ;)

We'll see.

I can see a floor model, sure, but it would be inconvenient to use if you are into constant tweaking. I once asked them at NAMM about a reduced price/feature model that could load profiles but couldn't create them; they didn't see a reason for it, and electronics-wise it wouldn't save much space. I imagine at some point they will come out with a Kemper II, but I don't know how much more it would do than the current models.

That's why you could tweak your presets using an editor before your gig, or perhaps on your KPA and import to your pedal board.

• What about the other companies;Is it only Kemper;

If not and most other companies do the same...I guess it is all about competition.And sure this what @Monkeyman said about T. and the $.

• I seldom change parameters during a gig. Just having a couple of rigs at my disposal, along with morphing, and the ability to turn on/off a couple of selectable stomps/effects would work perfectly for me.

I seldom change mine on a gig, but it does happen. I was more referring to home/studio tweaking. Without an editor this would be less convenient than a toaster; raise it onto a desk, lower it to the floor, etc etc...

Gary ô¿ô