what are you guys using the morphing-feature for?

• I use it for toggling from a dirty rhythm sound to a lead tone live:

volume boost, some mids, bit of gain, and some delay

all in a more or less 'hard rock' context. the harmonies and more untypical sounds are fx I use footswitches for, I really like using just one basic sound (patch) for a sound. Previous modellers switching delay led me to this route.

• I use it with the Rig select switches on the Remote. I don't really need the gradual transition between extremes. Rather, I use it to instantly vary a couple parameters. In particular, I find that I often want to go from a more overdriven sound to a little bit cleaner one and therefore raise or lower the amp gain a bit. However, I also want to up the mix or feedback on a delay or reverb, so that theres more delay and reverb during the cleaner softer parts of songs. Obviously, I could accomplish this by just changing rigs.
    Since I lead worship at a church, which entails singing a lot and talking between songs, and even prompting the congregation during songs, I don't look at my feet much. With having an instant variation of a rig through the morphing feature, I find that I usually only need 6-10rigs, or two performance banks, for the five songs we use a weekend. I have about 40 songs worth of rigs, about 65 rigs total, stored in other performances that are used monthly or bimonthly. I then just copy and paste the 6-10 rigs I need for a weekend into two banks that I copy over each week. Thus the morph allows me to have fewer total rigs. Since I only have about 4 profiles I use over and over again in those 65 rigs, clean, slightly overdriven, medium gain, lead, fewer total rigs means it's easier to make adjustments to all my lead rigs, for example, so that I didn't have a dozen different slightly different tweaked versions of the same profiles in all my rigs.

• I use it with the Rig select switches on the Remote. I don't really need the gradual transition between extremes. Rather, I use it to instantly vary a couple parameters. In particular, I find that I often want to go from a more overdriven sound to a little bit cleaner one and therefore raise or lower the amp gain a bit. However, I also want to up the mix or feedback on a delay or reverb, so that theres more delay and reverb during the cleaner softer parts of songs. Obviously, I could accomplish this by just changing rigs.
    Since I lead worship at a church, which entails singing a lot and talking between songs, and even prompting the congregation during songs, I don't look at my feet much. With having an instant variation of a rig through the morphing feature, I find that I usually only need 6-10rigs, or two performance banks, for the five songs we use a weekend. I have about 40 songs worth of rigs, about 65 rigs total, stored in other performances that are used monthly or bimonthly. I then just copy and paste the 6-10 rigs I need for a weekend into two banks that I copy over each week. Thus the morph allows me to have fewer total rigs. Since I only have about 4 profiles I use over and over again in those 65 rigs, clean, slightly overdriven, medium gain, lead, fewer total rigs means it's easier to make adjustments to all my lead rigs, for example, so that I didn't have a dozen different slightly different tweaked versions of the same profiles in all my rigs.

I use nearly the same approach

• The coolest thing I've been using it for lately is to morph the harmonizer in and out during a solo. It's a great way to play Boston type stuff with one guitar.

Thats really cool. Thanks a lot Carp!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Skating away on the thin ice of a new day
    Last Exit Rockband

• I've only got one EXP pedal which i use for Vol/Wah so not using morph until i get another exp.

So I assume one can't use just one expression pedal for morphing and wah? They're not compatible in the same rig, it's logical, but this happens even in the rigs with no wah stomp?

• I basicly copied the stomp and fx blocks with several different amps.
    Wah is in each rig ... I use morphing to blend lead sounds , therefore if the wah is activated the morphing is doing it's thing as well so not working.

A second expression pedal (which in fact van be achieved with a rig button or a seperate standalone one) is used for morph , the other one wah.

I don't use the switch but the bypass @ stop to disable the wah ...

I really enjoy playing with the 2 pedals because I need to look down barely , which is tricky when pressing buttons on-the-fly

The wah is engaging with the morph pedal in either position which is really nice.

For now and the needs , these 2 functions get me going , no need for volume or pitch at the moment :)

ps : I just love the kemper !

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• I go from a really spacy sound (2 delays, 2 chorus, massive amounts of reverb and relatively low amounts of gain and the tones ring like 10 seconds) to a gainsound that is still wide but where I can play rythm.
    I morph a crazy amount of parameters. From the delay parameters to the amp parameters. I chose a base profile that gainwise was in the middle of the 2 extrems I wanted.

• That's what I wanted to read, thanks @paults! I think I can do with just one by now...