MUSIC STORE PROFESSIONAL

• https://www.musicstore.de/en_US/EUR Wondering What are the experiences of others not in the US from this company ? I wanted to order a DYNACORD Axm12a from them and have it shipped to the US. Seems like decent prices and It Seems like from the website they cater to this and advertise
    it and promote the shipping cost, take advantage of the conversion price etc etc.. However, I have been trying for over a week now to order and pay for one and it still has not happened ! Though the website clearly advertises shipping to the US for only 30 euros under a specified weight and size they sent an email stating they would have to charge an additional 100 euros over what I checked with in paypal from their website ? I pointed out numerous links on the website indicating the shipping cost and weight and eventually after speaking to a manager agreed to only charge an additional 30 euros over the amount listed on their website until they can get it corrected. Every time we have to communicate there is at least a day turn around due to the time difference. The latest problem he has just mentioned he is concerned with is the monitor power requirement of 220 v vs 110v but it appears on Dynacord website the unit is like the Kemper and many electronics these days in that it can take from 100v to 240 v and switches internally automatically just depending on which main cord you plug in.. They have never actually charged my paypal and the orders have been only pending status. They have been able to succesfully remove old orders from paypal leaving only the latest. Still, never actually charged or shipped anything. At this point Im wondering a few things.. Are these guys legit ? Are they trying to scam ? Are they really this bad at customer service ? Do they really just not want to sell me this monitor ? What are your experiences or thoughts ?

• I did buy stuff from them years ago. I never had any problem (European order, no import in my case). Thomann has become the reference, but this company is still there. Good luck.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• The shop is pretty well known here in Germany. Never had an issue with them, fast shipping. But I'm in Germany, easy going for them. :)
    They are quite big and many years of experience in the market. Not as big as Thomann (the big T), of course.
    No idea though how experienced they are with shipping outside the EU.

Please keep in mind that the given product dimensions/weight don't reflect the total dimensions/weight (incl. packaging/carton box).
    Also, you'll likely have to take care of import tax and VAT depending on US regulations.

• I did buy stuff from them years ago. I never had any problem (European order, no import in my case). Thomann has become the reference, but this company is still there. Good luck.

Thanks for commenting. Good to know and any input at this point is helpful. It has become quite ridiculous at this point

• By the way, I just checked with Thomann and they offer the same price (and shipping cost to the US).
    The biggest difference is that Thomann clearly state that the price doesn't include US customs/tax.
    This clearly is an issue on the Musicstore website. Import customs/tax is never handled by the shop but by the customer.
    Your benefit is that you don't get the german VAT charged (that's why the price looks so nice) but you have to take care of your local customs and tax regulations.

• That helps a a lot. Sadly I didnt notice that before and I did not see US listed the first time on the shipping list or I would probably have it already! Seems Thoman is the way to go

• I've shopper both from Thomann and Music Store. No issues with either, but I prefer Thomann. Thomann ships packages to my local post office: easy, and I can pick it up on my schedule.

Music Store uses UPS, which requires me to be at home, between 8 am and 18 pm to recieve a package. And damn you if you miss the driver... urk!

• As a follow up, Ive cancelled order with music store and ordered through Thomann and so far all is as expected ! Payment went through with no changes from the website, recieved a few confirmation emails and waiting for shipping notification and tracking.. One day and its gone further than I ever got with Music Store in over a week. Ill report back when I get further.

• I live in Cologne, so I'm at Music Store regularly. The place is BIG and they generally have everything in stock at the location. I've returned some gear and they took it back no questions asked. I think they are as big as Thomann, but I could be wrong. Definitely one of the largest stores in Europe. Great customer care and the boss hangs around the store on Saturdays.

I couldn't recommend Music Store more. Thomann is great, too. I just prefer to pop down to the store in person to buy things, so I never really bothered with Thomann.

BTW: they are eachother's biggest competitors and will match each other's prices. But shhh...I never said anything.

• I live in Cologne, so I'm at Music Store regularly. The place is BIG and they generally have everything in stock at the location. I've returned some gear and they took it back no questions asked. I think they are as big as Thomann, but I could be wrong. Definitely one of the largest stores in Europe. Great customer care and the boss hangs around the store on Saturdays.

I couldn't recommend Music Store more. Thomann is great, too. I just prefer to pop down to the store in person to buy things, so I never really bothered with Thomann.

BTW: they are eachother's biggest competitors and will match each other's prices. But shhh...I never said anything.

Probably a much different experience walking in the store than trying to ship US. I think the people in charge of this are likely quite busy and you get the lowest priority over in store customers. Also, Im sure they have to do some checking and make sure of a few things due to distances.. I think over a week of emailing back and forth after putting something in the cart, checking out and giving your payment information and still not to get shipped is just too much though..

• I hear ya, man! And I agree, especially since you're in a foreign country. I'd be livid and worried. I can just speak from my personal experiences here. I've had things shipped to me, too and they were always reliable. Just sayin'. Hope it all works out for you.

BTW I'm in no way affiliated with them.

• Probably a much different experience walking in the store than trying to ship US.

Well I am from the neighbour country. The logistic stuff, I think, will be the same.
    I found them friendly, quick and even I had no problem to send back an amp where the send back schedule was 3 days over.
    It's just a decision by chance that I order more from thomann. My feeling that this is the bigger store.

• Glad to hear everything went fine so far. :)
    Now for the bad news, you'll likely have to wait til monday to get the shipping notification.

I'm not affiliated with them but they once managed shipping to Nepal for me ... and rest assured, THAT's a serious task many consider to be "mission impossible". :D

• For the benefit of others who may wish to buy something not so available in the US. My order with Thomann seems to be going very smoothly. Its already in the hands of the USPS about a 4 hr drive from where I live. Not Sure how the local post office will do with the door delivery but they will leave a pickup note worst case scenario. This was ordered last wed and its now only Monday so pretty quick and efficient from Germany to US. I spent more time with their competitor trying to pay and get it shipped !! Seems Thomann is either better equipped for this or I jucan st had really bad luck with Music Store. Ive learned I can also call Thomann and speak to english speaking agents if need be. Ironically, I had no need. Tried to contact Music store and you can only get a long hold time with prompts and messsages all in German. I actually thought about using google to translate for me if I could get someone on the phone to try to get my order paid and shiped... Seems kind of funny now.