Anyone running through a solid state power amp and guitar cab?

• I usually use a Bose L1, single sub, to monitor the Kemper onstage.

We recently did a gig in a venue with a famously small stage, and I used the power amp section of a Crate Powerblock, and the matching 1-12" Celestion GK-100 cab. 150 watts, mono Class D. I tilted it up toward me, like a floor monitor.

I used Monitor Out, cabs off. After a little global EQ tweaking, it sounded really good with almost everything. The inherent diffusion of the open back cab gave it more lateral coverage than a sealed back cab would have. The normally "sealed back cab" profiles really benefitted from the openness of the sound.

If I was using strictly guitar amp sounds, I would be tempted to use it all the time. But, profiles that need plenty of transparent highs would need major tweaking - acoustic sims, JC120, and some synthy things. Any thought of normal guitar synth also requires more than a single 12.

• From the FAQ Page:

"[i]Can I profile just my pre amp?
    Yes you can! Instead of feeding the microphone signal back, simply plug the effect send output of your amp head into the Return of the KPA. When you profile just the pre-amp, the virtual cabinet is without content, so you will not hear any difference when you switch it on or off.

I still experience a small difference, less high end.