Rig Exchange - 5 years of sharing amp profiles - some insights from "old timer"

• 5 years ago (2012-02-05) first rig was uploaded to RigExchange:

[Blocked Image: https://s28.postimg.org/pr8vcs8sd/rm01.png]

Besides the magic that stands behind profiling as we know, the most significant phenomenon of Kemper Profiler and benefit for us mortals is vast library of user supplied REAL AMP profiles.

The quality among the whole collection varies. There are some mediocre ones (mediocre is bad, if we talk about hearing sense), you can find these of poor quality, but there are some gems buried in Rig Exchange.

For first two years (since Feb-2012 until Feb-2014) users were able to rate rigs by downloading a file from Rig Exchange and provide the rating on Rig Exchange website. It was kind of troublesome and time consuming.

But since some time (I got to know this at Aug-2016) rigs can be rated easily using 3rd soft button, while rig is loaded for preview from Rig Manager into Kemper Profiler:

[Blocked Image: https://s23.postimg.org/yoaklrusb/rat2.png]

My magic calculations show that exactly 2 years after first rig was uploaded to Rig Exchange (2012-02-05) Kemper GmbH released Rig Manager (2014-02-05), a librarian software that made rigs management easy - isn't it, what Rig Managers are made for in the end :P ?

So how was the ratio of rigs uploaded per year:

[Blocked Image: https://s29.postimg.org/75ui506ef/uploads.png]

One factor that went down after Rig Manager was released is the ratio of rigs rated by users. The reason may be: when back in the days we had to login to website to download a rig, it was easier to rate it at the same time. Nowadays, when much less number of users uses that way to check new rigs, less ratings are given in result.

The following shows number of rigs rated before Rig Manager was introduced and 2 years after Rig Manager was introduced (note that today 2017-02-05 is three years after RN was launched...)

[Blocked Image: https://s24.postimg.org/apuygjpdx/ratings.png]

The ratio of rating profiles dropped down almost twice exactly 3072 / 2 = 1536 if we compare 2 years without RM and first 2 years with RM.
    Last year it was quite massive drop (204 rigs rated for 1680 uploaded), so here I'd like to remind, that there exists quick way to rate a rig from Rig Exchange.

And we reached a moment to present top 20 uploaders:

[Blocked Image: https://s24.postimg.org/fpseohv0l/uploader.png]

Some best rigs in my opinion (be sure to check whole sets):

Hays (@crhfish) - VOX AC15

George_Alayon (@eljodon) - Friedman BE100, 68 Metro/Friedm 75v ext, all of them

@GRStudios - Fender Super Reverb

r.u.sirious (@r_u_sirius) - Bogner Shiva

and many many more!

to be continued... in 5 years.

Edited 4 times, last by skoczy ().

• Great work presented here by our resident statistician and guru grapher, Brother Skocz.

I think it's fair to say that the reason the rating rate has dropped off so much is that folks just don't realise how easy it is to do. I'm guessing that most right / alt / option-click a Rig in RM and, after seeing the greyed-out menu, figure it must be some new-fangled, complicated process that they'll get around to researching... one day... that never comes.

Here's my suggestion to Kemper:

Why not place a simple, 1-sentence explanation of how to rate a Rig at the bottom or top of the right-click mini menu? I'm thinking:

"Rate using soft button on Kemper"

... or something like that.

• Maybe it's just me but I used to rate rigs all the time but when I checked back later, the ratings never appeared so I stopped doing it. One time for a week after "MentaL" posted in the forum about people rating his profiles as one star, I rated everyone of his profiles just to see how they would change... they never did!

• Maybe it's just me but I used to rate rigs all the time but when I checked back later, the ratings never appeared so I stopped doing it. One time for a week after "MentaL" posted in the forum about people rating his profiles as one star, I rated everyone of his profiles just to see how they would change... they never did!

What method of rating did you use @dpeters95? (actually I know only one)...

• Brilliant post @skoczy! I too had missed the "3rd soft button" rating feature, thinking I could only rate rigs after I downloaded them. I just previewed GRStudios' "GRS MBTOV 20" rig, and totally digging it, used the soft button method to rate it. Surprisingly, my rating isn't showing up in Rig Manager, but does appear to be on the Rig Exchange website - which sounds kind of similar to what @dpeters95 mentioned.

• Really interesting Skoz !

I wish Kemper team launch a 'rating' campaign from times to times, maybe with a reward ( a new rig pack for instance if enough new votes are made ) so people get motivation to vote and everyone benefits from a quality rating.

I also think rating should become pubic, in order to identify the trolls and let generous people like Dan post again some great free profiles.

• Of course we do, Dan! <3

Surprisingly, my rating isn't showing up in Rig Manager, but does appear to be on the Rig Exchange website - which sounds kind of similar to what @dpeters95 mentioned.

That's because whilst it's been instantly recorded on the Exchange, it won't appear in the app 'til your copy of RM updates its RE database, which will likely be the next time you fire it up.

• Of course we do, Dan! <3

That's because whilst it's been instantly recorded on the Exchange, it won't appear in the app 'til your copy of RM updates its RE database, which will likely be the next time you fire it up.

Yep, Rig Exchange web database is updated almost instantly, but for Rig Manager it takes some time to sync ratings.

• xD haha cool :D i promise i will make more profiles hmmm is it possible that not all rig are online or get deleted ? Because i uploaded 164 profiles + 45 helix profiles... hmmm strange ...

here are the links Btw. :)

Amp Profiles
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ta4…tdXbZBBdE2jIRStSXb0a?dl=0

Helix Profiles
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hzb…cWFXgmztVg21OokMBRwa?dl=0

• What method of rating did you use @dpeters95? (actually I know only one)...

I was using the 3rd button during rig preview from the Rig Exchange thru the Rig Manager.

Just for a test again, I just did it for the "Invader CH4 Gain" rig by "Bommel". Before my rating it said, "0.00 Crowd Rating and 0 # of Ratings" I rated it a "5 ". Let's see if it changes...

• I was using the 3rd button during rig preview from the Rig Exchange thru the Rig Manager.
    Just for a test again, I just did it for the "Invader CH4 Gain" rig by "Bommel". Before my rating it said, "0.00 Crowd Rating and 0 # of Ratings" I rated it a "5 ". Let's see if it changes...

For a test - but I liked the rig - I rated "VaiRiddle67" with 5 stars now, and the result is visible instantly in RigExchange.

[Blocked Image: https://s29.postimg.org/p4md6kr0n/aaa1.png]

I restarted Rig Manager, but it's still 0.0 there.

• And my rating does not appear there???? I must be doing something wrong. I just load the preview thru Rig Manager and then press the 3rd button above the Kemper window until it moves down to 5 stars. Is that correct? Do I have to do anything after that to send it or wait a certain amount of time for it to register???

• And my rating does not appear there???? I must be doing something wrong. I just load the preview thru Rig Manager and then press the 3rd button above the Kemper window until it moves down to 5 stars. Is that correct? Do I have to do anything after that to send it or wait a certain amount of time for it to register???

I do exact same steps @dpeters95.

1) Load rig into KPA using Rig Manager
    2) Press 3rd soft button until you reach desired number of stars

I can't answer for your last question, as my vote reached RigExchange quite fast. I'm just thinking loud: maybe your profile is missing something.

Let's wait until tomorrow morning. If your vote is not counted, this is the case for support - maybe many users experienced this and thought eventually "I don't care"...

• I do exact same steps @dpeters95.
    1) Load rig into KPA using Rig Manager
    2) Press 3rd soft button until you reach desired number of stars

I can't answer for your last question, as my vote reached RigExchange quite fast. I'm just thinking loud: maybe your profile is missing something.

Let's wait until tomorrow morning. If your vote is not counted, this is the case for support - maybe many users experienced this and thought eventually "I don't care"...

That was always my guess as to why there where not many reviews anymore, it just didn't work. Although, your review was counted on line. I also wonder if all those 1 star votes were not just a smart a$$ reviewer but a problem with the rating system??? I'll check my rating again tomorrow and post here...