Kemper guide course

• His profiles or plugins?

Sorry if I did not word this correctly. 2 separate things as Slate was just an example how he makes instructional videos for the plugins.

So if Jesse would create a custom profile and have a FREE private instructional video link to those who purchase the profile, I'm in.

• Another way of looking at this is that if he simply made the instructional videos and offered them for free, it would raise the Kemper community's awareness and respect for him and his talents, and in so doing create a more-ideal platform from which he could offer commercial Profile packs.

To be clear, I've no doubt that everyone who's heard him play or speak would automatically respect him. I was generalising, as one has to in this case, where the overall awareness of him in the community's concerned.

Funny how we're debating / nutting this out for you here, Jesse. I hope you don't mind; we mean well mate!

• I would be interested in some lessons on how to create/shape tones. Lik some pre/post amp EQ tricks, stuff like that.

Lessons on "How to operate the Kemper" or "How to make profiles" would not be of much use for me, as I can easily find that in the manual.

• I do not believe in paying for instructional videos. However, if you made a few profiles for sale that included FREE instructional videos on how to shape the tones. I would buy it.

Similar to what Slate has been doing with his plugins. Free instructional vids on how to use the plugins.

Interesting viewpoint, since you're happy to pay for a profile of other people's amp designs. If you made instructional products yourself, perhaps you would change your mind

Another way of looking at this is that if he simply made the instructional videos and offered them for free, it would raise the Kemper community's awareness and respect for him and his talents, and in so doing create a more-ideal platform from which he could offer commercial Profile packs.

To be clear, I've no doubt that everyone who's heard him play or speak would automatically respect him. I was generalising, as one has to in this case, where the overall awareness of him in the community's concerned.

Funny how we're debating / nutting this out for you here, Jesse. I hope you don't mind; we mean well mate!

I don't sell profiles, so spending many hours working on something to give away for free for 'exposure' doesn't really make any sense.

I just wanted to run the idea past everyone, and thanks for all the feedback!

If everyone (well, most people) wants me to put this together and then give it away for free, I'll pass.

• Hey, it was worth a shot, and asking can't do any harm can it, Jesse?

I think the trickiest thing for you would be that, AFAIK, all the other video guides for the Kemper are free, and some are made by very-reputable people. Tricky to get folks to pay as long as all the free options remain.

EDIT:
    Here's a thought mate. If you could hook up with Groove 3 or a similar company, at least those who subscribe to them (yearly all-you-can-watch), or buy their videos, would expect to pay for everything offered. The Kemper pops up for the first time, and lo and behold, it's authored by Jesse!

• Hey, it was worth a shot, and asking can't do any harm can it, Jesse?

I think the trickiest thing for you would be that, AFAIK, all the other video guides for the Kemper are free, and some are made by very-reputable people. Tricky to get folks to pay as long as all the free options remain.

EDIT:
    Here's a thought mate. If you could hook up with Groove 3 or a similar company, at least those who subscribe to them (yearly all-you-can-watch), or buy their videos, would expect to pay for everything offered. The Kemper pops up for the first time, and lo and behold, it's authored by Jesse!

Good idea!

• @jessefildes actually I stopped buying profiles along time ago. But if someone included examples on shaping the tone of the profile, I would.

And sorry if my comment was not clear, I would not pay for an instructional video for the Kemper. I'm not against paid instructional videos.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

• There are many instructional videos already online, it would have to be exceptional for me to pay, and even then it would have to be a low price.

It makes sense for you to ask though, any business love to know they were going to sell products in advance before they make them. :D

P.

• Hello, I just booted up my new kemper today and I would say there is definitely a market for this type of video.
    Yes, there are free videos already online, but they are disjointed in my opinion and don't necessarily cover basics well enough. Lots of assumptions about the user which is never a good idea.

• Hello, and great question posed! Just wanted to offer my $0.02 as a brand new user. Actually, I'm not even that; my KPA and Remote are due to arrive tomorrow. I'm pumped. I digress.

My personal opinion is that I wouldn't have use for a Kemper course. I actually read all manuals in entirety and watched the official YouTube tutorials prior to ordering my unit. I've been reading these forums since February, and I'm finding that any questions I have are being answered by the forums and resources listed above. That said, I realize that some individuals learn better from course-type education.

Rock on!

EDIT - I've been a Kemper owner for just over a month now, and the manuals and existing online tutorials have been sufficient thus far. I would not pay for a course.

• Jesse, I would surely pay for it!. I believe the most valuable thing I possess is my time, and a course like yours would surely help me get where I want to be in less time. And I believe that, while not everybody might agree with me, a lot of other people would, so I thinks there IS a market for this kind of course!.

• The official videos aren't great, for me. They're not even available in any logical sequential order that I could fathom.

I'd gladly pay for a succinct, easy to follow and educational course. There are many concepts I have/am still struggling with.

Do it!

• +1 for better tutorials...though I did find the delay one helpful recently, I just dont find navigating the manual very easy, Im not sure why really?

I seem to find myself exploring the Kemper, then getting myself into areas I cant get out of, is it saved?...where is it saved?..where has that gone?

Maybe someone here could do a live stream !

No Gain - No Pain.... :D

• Sherbs

Welcome to the community.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be

Here are some resources for you.

? Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides ?

? Rig Manager Download and Documentation ??

? Kemper Tutorials & Demos (videos) ?

? Kemper FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Download Main Manual 8.5 English

? Before you buy Commercial Rigs and Profiles check out the Rig Manager for Rig Packs and Rig Exchange

Check out

Yes, you can change a Profile - The Biggest Myth About the Kemper