I don't have access to profile the amps i want.

• You definitely wouldn't need 2 DXR15s. I like playing LOUD and one DXR15 is more than enough. I returned the DXR10 almost immediately because it was so weak. The DXR15 was more than loud enough to play on a festival stage when my original band opened up for Disturbed and Seether. Here are a couple videos. One from my original band, and one from my cover band. Both using the DXR15 with the Kemper. Keep in mind, both of these videos were recorded using just a GoPro, and the audio quality of those cameras are not exactly stellar. And since these videos were done, I've tweaked my sound so that it's even better because I took the time to work with profiles instead of just discarding them as soon as I tried them.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You definitely wouldn't need 2 DXR15s. I like playing LOUD and one DXR15 is more than enough. I returned the DXR10 almost immediately because it was so weak. The DXR15 was more than loud enough to play on a festival stage when my original band opened up for Disturbed and Seether. Here are a couple videos. One from my original band, and one from my cover band. Both using the DXR15 with the Kemper. Keep in mind, both of these videos were recorded using just a GoPro, and the audio quality of those cameras are not exactly stellar. And since these videos were done, I've tweaked my sound so that it's even better because I took the time to work with profiles instead of just discarding them as soon as I tried them.2 DXR15s for stereo. Will offer you a more 3D hearing experience i think. Stereo is recommended for InEars.

Really enjoyed the videos! That's a big crowd :)
    The GoPro certainly does not do justice to the sound but it sounded quite good and natural. Does it feel good too? The dynamics and all?

• Really enjoyed the videos! That's a big crowd :)
    The GoPro certainly does not do justice to the sound but it sounded quite good and natural. Does it feel good too? The dynamics and all?

Feels the same as a tube amp to me if you have it dialed in correctly. The feel, dynamics, feedback, etc. All are excellent. And I've found that with certain profiles (like Mesa Boogies) the volume knob on the guitar responds much better than they do on the real amps (Mesa Boogies are known for not cleaning up well).

• Feels the same as a tube amp to me if you have it dialed in correctly. The feel, dynamics, feedback, etc. All are excellent. And I've found that with certain profiles (like Mesa Boogies) the volume knob on the guitar responds much better than they do on the real amps (Mesa Boogies are known for not cleaning up well).

Impressive!

• Hey Todd, What Britt profiles were you using

These are the profiles and settings that I was using in the videos. Keep in mind, they may sound a little different depending on what you're running for a setup. I'm using a Guthrie Govan signature model Charvel, which has a basswood body and a caramelized neck, which results in a different sound than most guitars that run the traditional mahogany body and maple neck. I'm using that, with my DXR15. Other than that, I'm using nothing but the profiles listed below. I'm also not using any overdrives or additional EQs in the rigs. I do use the Kemper effects for reverb, delays, etc., but I've left those settings out.

In the Rise Above Festival video (my original band) I was using an MBritt profile called Custodian C+ 7. It's a Suhr OD100 Classic +. Here are the settings that I changed from the original profile (some of these may actually be the same as the original; I can't remember):

• Gain 6.9
    • Bass 1.5
    • Middle 1.2
    • Treble 2.2
    • Presence 1.5
    • Definition 6.1
    • Power Sagging 2.2
    • Compressor 0.3
    • Clarity 3.4

In the video with my cover band, for the rhythm stuff, I was using another MBritt profile called 72 Mars 50 T3. It's a Marshall JMP50 (I believe Michael Britt added a Timmy pedal in this profile). Settings for that profile are as follows:

• Gain 5.2
    • Bass 0.5
    • Middle 0.2
    • Treble 2.2
    • Presence 1.5
    • Definition 6.1
    • Power sagging 1.8
    • Compressor 0.9
    • Clarity 2.6

For the leads in that same video, I used the OD100 profile that I used in the Rise Above video, but with these changes:

• Gain 6.9
    • Bass 0.7
    • Treble 2.0
    • Presence 1.3
    • I also added in a green scream in stomp C with the drive set to 0.8, tone to 6.7, mix at 100% and volume at 1.0.
    • I boosted the overall volume for that rig by about 3db to get a boost above the band. I didn't use a pure boost or anything for that. I just created a separate solo slot with the overall volume boosted.
    • And depending on the song, I also add in an MXR Phase90 effect (for a Eddie Van Halen type of sound). That's in stomp B with the settings as follows: Rate 1/1, Depth 5.5, Manual 4.5, Feedback 0%, Peak Spread 0.0, Stages 4, Mix 75%, Ducking 0.0, Volume 0.0.

On all the rigs, I also add in a wah in Stomp A, an additional noise gate in Stomp D, Reverb and delay, and then I have the "X" and "Mod" effects empty and available for other things if I want to add them in later. I'm sure I could get these to sound even better if I added some sort of another EQ in the X slot, but I haven't gotten around to doing that yet.

Hope that helps.

Edited once, last by OhG ().

• (Mesa Boogies are known for not cleaning up well)

I disagree. I have many experience with a Mark IV and it does clean up well. I haven't spent too mich time with other Boogies, but I don't remember any of them not cleaning up well. However, I agree, that many profiles on the Kemper are cleaning up very well!

• I disagree. I have many experience with a Mark IV and it does clean up well. I haven't spent too mich time with other Boogies, but I don't remember any of them not cleaning up well. However, I agree, that many profiles on the Kemper are cleaning up very well!

I should have clarified. I meant that they don't clean up well when the volume knob of the guitar is rolled back. They lose the chime or presence and it becomes a little dull sounding. Somehow, the Kemper is able to get the Mesa sound, but then allows for it to respond nicely to the volume knob. I've been playing Mesas for the last 10 years or so, and it was one of the first things I noticed and loved about the Kemper.

• I was also talking about cleaning up when reducing guitar volume or picking really soft, so I still disagree. Perhaps you played different Mesas or different settings. Anyway, I shouldn't have started this, as it's a bit off topic. What matters is (and what we agree in) that the Kemper does clean up very well :)