RCF Sma NX12 vs DXR10

• anyone have thoughts on these two in comparison for the Kemper? I definitely feel the dxr10 gets louder, and they both sound good, but I'm wondering what other people's opinions are that have tried both with their Kemper? thanks!

• I've owned the RXF Sma NX12 for a couple of years, and I tried a Yamaha DXR10 last week-end. They both are very good speakers. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

ABS plastic for DXR, plywood cab for RCF.
    The RCF does not have a fan, so it's dead silent all the time. I could not hear fan noise when I tried the DXR in the shop. Weight is pretty much the same.
    The RCF has a coax design, handy if you need to mike it.
    Lower frequency (50Hz) for the RCF vs 56Hz for the DXR10.
    Volume wise, I don't know. I did not push them to the max, they're just too loud (for my use anyway)!
    RCF is more expensive than the Yamaha and the RCF warranty is shorter (3 years).

Edited once, last by lk_bill ().

• Not anymore?

Ok , a little more...
    I owned a atomic and it sounds like shit. I tried a mesa 2 x12 real cab, also not a gamechanger. Than i trued the rcf 10 sma at the kemper boot on the music fair in Frankfurt and i was blown away from the sound. The kemper guys where also impressed by the 10" sma. It has more punch than the 12". I have compared it to the yamaha and it sounds much better imho. For me the yamaha is too midrangy. Maybe a bang for the buck but not for me.

• Ok , a little more...I owned a atomic and it sounds like shit. I tried a mesa 2 x12 real cab, also not a gamechanger. Than i trued the rcf 10 sma at the kemper boot on the music fair in Frankfurt and i was blown away from the sound. The kemper guys where also impressed by the 10" sma. It has more punch than the 12". I have compared it to the yamaha and it sounds much better imho. For me the yamaha is too midrangy. Maybe a bang for the buck but not for me.

So you don't have a replacement for the RCF?

• Ok , a little more...I owned a atomic (FRFR, not the CLR) and it sounds like shit. I tried a mesa 2 x12 real cab, also not a gamechanger. Than i trued the rcf 10 sma at the kemper boot on the music fair in Frankfurt and i was blown away from the sound. The kemper guys where also impressed by the 10" sma. It has more punch than the 12". I have compared it to the yamaha and it sounds much better imho. For me the yamaha is too midrangy. Maybe a bang for the buck but not for me.

Fixed that for you, Frank. Don't confuse older Atomic solutions like the FRFR with a CLR, people.
    Totally different beast. ;)

• Fixed that for you, Frank. Don't confuse older Atomic solutions like the FRFR with a CLR, people.Totally different beast. ;)

Yes, you are right. I had the atomic frfr not the clr. But at that time many guys recommended the atomic frfr for the kpa and other units, but i was very disappointed because of the tweater and the whole sound of it. Sold it after 4 weeks.

Best is to check out personally what sounds good or bad. Bad is, that only a handful of shops have two or three solutions in stock to test.

• Since a couple of years I use a Yamaha stagepas . It consists of a power mixer with two frfr speakers. I have both the 400 watts and 600 watts. They both sound very good. Much better than my Yamaha dxr12. Drawbacks : 400 lacks bass (obvious with 8 inch speaker) but us incredibly detailed. 600 can be a slight bit with some profiles be honky, but far less than the dxr12.
    Since using the stagepas I definitely switched from combo tube amps to frfr. It took me 2 years to switch :)

• i was using RCF Art 312, silent no fan, but not a good feel like real cab , i sold them.
    i switch to Mission Gemini 2
    for me, by far better, get the best of both worlds with a FRFR stereo class D amp with EmPower adjustment to tune perfectly for a tone that is not harsh.
    It feel and disperse sound like a real cab.
    Really, it make to difference.
    I which to try Blueamp, i didn't, i beleive that brand will be very good too.
    But i like the adjustment possibility instead of ON/Off switch like Blueamp offer FRFR /GFR

notice: Gemini 2 Live model have a air fan on the power supply inside, you can hear it when you don't play.
    I am not a studio player, mainly live player, and this bother me.
    I replaced this noisy power supply by an high quality no fan 24v power supply, no noise anymore, not heat, perfect and safe.
    if you don't feel ok to change it yourself, just buy the Studio model (no fan) but pay extra $$$ for to get it.