Updating Profiler

• Hi everyone, I hope you can help me.

A friend and I have recently set up a project studio and want to use the Kemper which has never been updated since bought.

We installed rig manager today and it said we need to update the firmware on the profiler.

We downloaded the latest kaos.bin put it on the usb stick that was in the back of the kemper (already formatted by the kemper and had relevant folders) and put it in the kemper.. Nothing.

Reboot Kemper and PC.. Nothing, no 'on screen instructions' as the PDF suggests.

Can someone help us please?

Thanks

Bay Sound

• The simple answer is often the best: The software revision on that stick is already installed on that Profiler. Only if revisions on USB stick and Profiler differ a message will get displayed. The revision currently installed can be checked on the last page of the System Menu.

Be aware that revisions older than 1.8.2 can not be updated to current in one step. In that case you need to upgrade to 1.8.2 Release first and then take a second step to current. 1.8.2 Release software can be found on our download page under "Legacy Operating System Versions".

Generally make sure, there is only one file "kaos.bin" on that USB stick. And it needs to have the right format, so no "kaos.bin.txt" or other.