Mesa Boogie Roadster

• 3 Channels - channel 1 Clean / channel 3 vintage / channel 4 modern. Gain at 11 o'clock for clean, 2 o'clock for vintage and 3 o'clock for modern. Recorded with a SM57 slightly off-axis. PRS custom 24 for the refining.

Let me know if anyone wants the brit channel.

Clean: http://db.tt/W1s5XENC

Vintage drive: http://db.tt/SnB2dCXB

Modern Drive: http://db.tt/KyGniAJU

This is my first attempt at profiling, but I'm reasonably happy with the results to the extent that, if I can get the Kemper stable with no crashes, I'll be leaving the amp at home when I tour! :D

Enjoy...

parker / prs / kemper / g / mesa

• I see you've been spying on me ;)

I'm still going to run the piezos out in tandem with the mags for all the rhythm and flavour stuff. The difference is that (I'm hoping) the KPA will replace the boogie and [maybe] the G-system. It can't be crashing when I switch patches - that is an instant stage death ;(

The jury is still out here on the Kemper FX. Some of them sound pretty good, but I may end up having to keep the G in the loop of the KPA. Ask me again in a month's time.

• These are great! You captured alot of the "lush" Mesa magic in those! Very cool! Was it the Roadster Combo? Or Head and Cab? If yes, what cab?
    These are a little on the bassy side, but with a little bit of tubescream and/or Pream Definition raise and -2 in Bass they sound absolutely beautiful!

• These are great! You captured alot of the "lush" Mesa magic in those! Very cool! Was it the Roadster Combo? Or Head and Cab? If yes, what cab?
    These are a little on the bassy side, but with a little bit of tubescream and/or Pream Definition raise and -2 in Bass they sound absolutely beautiful!

Head and cab. Cab is the Roadster 2x12 - smaller with a more focused midrange than the standard Mesa v30 2x12. Anticipating some overkill in the bass response, I actually mounted the cab on an amp stand for the profile to diminish the floor effect, but it still sounds a little sub-heavy on the modern setting. All the eq's were more or less @ 12 o'clock, but presence around 1 o'clock.

I'm thinking about redoing the drive ones with a little less gain and rolling off some bottom end on the modern channel. Let me know if anyone's interested...

• Head and cab. Cab is the Roadster 2x12 - smaller with a more focused midrange than the standard Mesa v30 2x12. Anticipating some overkill in the bass response, I actually mounted the cab on an amp stand for the profile to diminish the floor effect, but it still sounds a little sub-heavy on the modern setting. All the eq's were more or less @ 12 o'clock, but presence around 1 o'clock.

I'm thinking about redoing the drive ones with a little less gain and rolling off some bottom end on the modern channel. Let me know if anyone's interested...

I'm in as well!!! Baie dankie, meneer! :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• That would be really cool if you'd do another (great) profile of the modern channel through the cab! Off Axis miking will enhance bass as well and since those Rectos/Roadsters/Kings are not really bass shy I think you could try on axis with a SM57 on the edge of the dustcab/cone where it meets the rest of the speaker - this miking usually gives great balance on V30 Speakers - at least in my experience. Going closer to the center = more highs, moving away from the center = more lowmids/lows. Thank you so much!

• Head and cab. Cab is the Roadster 2x12 - smaller with a more focused midrange than the standard Mesa v30 2x12. Anticipating some overkill in the bass response, I actually mounted the cab on an amp stand for the profile to diminish the floor effect, but it still sounds a little sub-heavy on the modern setting. All the eq's were more or less @ 12 o'clock, but presence around 1 o'clock.

Oh, yes please! With bass rolled off and -if its not getting too sharp sounding- more treble and presence. :P