Where are the Blues/Soul guys?

• Hi Hamer Jo,

I'm an electronics-engineer and I'm also normally focussed on charts and figures, frequencies and so on and I'm with you concerning a methodical procedure AND you're right: It's hard to believe, what I say. But you'd listen to this amp's in the room-sound and compare it to a Direct-Amp-Profile over the same cabinet. There's a great difference in Sound and behavior of both.

I regret that I cannot answer your frequency-question because it's not a standard TwoRock-Cabinet: It's a Mojo-cabinet loaded with the 2 TwoRock-customized Emminence-65-B-speakers and I cannot wobble out and measure the frequency-range.

I'm completely with you, regarding studio-sounds and recording-results. The Profiler comes so dammed close to the original I cannot hear any difference - I'm completely happy with it.
    As you said: Amp in the room as a sole player now that's an entirely different animal

• Glad to hear it,
    I also experienced strange sounds with the Kemper with rigs I know well and use often. Sometimes my ears won't do their job properly. I usually take a day off when this happens.

Back to the TwoRock...

I just looked up the frequency response of a SHURE SM-57 (often used in live situations). Can we agree that this is one of the most used microphones also for profiling?

Frequency response works between 40 Hz and 15 kHz which, at my age, is beyond my hearing capabilities.
    At 40 Hz the signal goes down 10 dB, at 100 Hz it gets down 5dB. It will work approximatively linear between 200 Hz and 6 kHz So if your amp/cab does something in the range of - 100 Hz it stands to reason that there will be quite a signal drop. Since the frequencies are not lost kemperwise they should come to life with a graphic eq (more or less). I doubt it though that it will help you in the amp in the room situation. As far as I can see the frequency response of your tworock eminence starts from 25 Hz. No sweat there for sure.

Greetings

Joachim

• Cannot agree more to those facts !

Studio-Profiles for FoH-application sound different depending on the FoH-System and the sound-guy.
    But the Direct-Amp-Profile should be pretty close to the real amp's behavior. That's what I miss.

Blooze'n Groose

Ralf

• Where? Here:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

;)

• Where? Here:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

;)

Not bluesy as I understand it, but very soulful!

• In this forum, you here more and more about Kemper and Heavy Metal or the "harder" tones.
    I would like to hear more about music with feelings, with blues, with soul, with that warm
    tone of Eric Clapton f.e.!
    Are there people to post such own recorded songs and profiles here?

I play some MBrittt Profiles. For Blues I use Vox AC30, Fender Bassman, LabSeries L5 or clean Fender Amps with a TubeScreamer like Booster. For Classic Rock I like the Bogner Helios and Marshall Super Lead profiles. For Rock Solo parts I use the Bogner Ecstasy, Friedman Pink Taco, Friedman Dirty Shirley and Custom Audio Pete Thorn Signature Amp. I hope this helps :thumbup:

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Skating away on the thin ice of a new day
    Last Exit Rockband