Where are the Blues/Soul guys?

• Guys, what I like in all your stuff is that you are able to hear every single tone.
    It's not shredding as fast as possible, it's the magic of every single note!
    That's what I miss in so many Heavy examples here in the forum.
    Thank you for this tones!!!

• While I love my Kemper....its not an amp. It doesnt respond exactly like an amp when I turn down the volume on my guitar and it doesnt respond exactly to my pick attack the way an amp would. Sacrilege around here I know.... but IMHO its the truth. Blues is all about the nuances and hence why I think you have alot of people who play blues who wont even attempt to go down this route. For them...NOT using an amp is sacrilege to their style of music.

• I think the dynamics and the responsiveness to attack and volume knob levels depend a lot on the profile you use. Some work more like an amp than others.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• While I love my Kemper....its not an amp. It doesnt respond exactly like an amp when I turn down the volume on my guitar and it doesnt respond exactly to my pick attack the way an amp would. Sacrilege around here I know.... but IMHO its the truth. Blues is all about the nuances and hence why I think you have alot of people who play blues who wont even attempt to go down this route. For them...NOT using an amp is sacrilege to their style of music.

I am going to disagree with you on this. I play with my guitar volume and tone knobs all the time and I can can get the dynamic response I would with the same tube amp. Two things you might try to get back what you are missing, it worked for me.
    1. Do not use the noise gate, as it will hurt some of the dynamics
    2. Add a little bit of the direct guitar sound into the rig. This will add in a bit of the initial pick attack as well as adding in a bit of the guitar character. You don't need to add a lot, try a setting of 2.

• The blues and soul paradigm is predominantly about simplicity. And, if you are someone trying to live the blues/soul lifestyle and make money, you are "living" the blues so you probably aren't making a lot of money to spend on gadgets like the Kemper! I also think most blues and soul musicians are very conservative and traditional. They want a certain combo amp with a pedal or two and that's it. Kempers (and Line6 and AxeFX) are the perfect dream rigs for semi-pros around the world. They can and are being used professionally, but the sweet spot for this type of gear is for the guy or girl who is in a cover band one night, a tribute band another night, or an originals project on the 3rd night. Or it's the perfect box for the weekend warrior cover band guy...like myself...who makes a good living in high tech but feeds my soul with music when I can. I guess I don't really worry about what type of musicians are or aren't using my gear. I worry more about whether I like what I can get out it. I was an AxeFX user for years and changed over to a Kemper this past year. It's been a great move. No more IR rat race and strong tones available through the spectrum of clean to heavy. The AxeFX (at the time) did the Marshall grind on up very well but the tweener pushed and clean sounds were not as strong. Anyhow, the Kemper has it all there.

Don't know if it was mentioned but the MBritt profiles have plenty of tasty blues & soul amps/tones on tap. For live performance, I've not heard better fitting sounds from any other profiles out there.

Like others already said: it depends on the profiles you use.
    The better your profile, the better your sound, your dynamic, your feeling.

• What the Hell,here's some R&B

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If a well-made profile of an amp is directly compared to the amplifier that was used to create the profile, it will respond the same as the profiled amp.

I've been playing for 35 years now and in this time I've been performing -let me say guitarwise- only low-to-mid-gain-music (Irish folk, new wave, ska, reggae and all the time blues and bluesrock). I owned a lot of vintage amps (MusicMan, Orange, Boogies, Fenders, and also new stuff referring to the old amps like TwoRock and Suhr) and at last sold my original 66-Deluxe Reverb to buy my Profiler (which I don't regret).
    I do agree to the above statements but only for studio-work. For studio-applicantion 80 % of the profiles I found/bought, are more than convincing. I recorded two CDs with my Profiler until now, and will do it again next time.

But nevertheless, I can't agree more to the statement of kingsxman regarding the profiler's live use.
    Everybody who ever played a Fender Vibrolux, Deluxe Reverb or a TwoRock with volume at 3 with a tube screamer in front of it (gain to 0, volume to 7-8) to form the slightly crunched lead sound of Ronnie Earl, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Matt Schofield, or others, just with the attack of the right hand while keeping the sustain with her/his left hand knows, what a hard quarrel this is and how it's rewarded tonewise.
    And this amp-in-a-room-behaviour - sorry - but I couldn't achieve it up to now with the Profiler and thousands of Profiles I own (full stop).

I still own two TwoRock Amps and profiled them at least 30 times since 2013. The profiles I achieved are more than okay but couldn't reach the real thang in sound and feeling though I use the same speakers with my powered KPA. (Even D.I.-profiles lack the bass of a TwoRock CSR II.
    In our live-gigs I use performances based on MBritt-, TAF- and BM-Profiles and I think I got a very good overall guitarsound (clean, crunch, lead) - due to feedbacks from the audience (often if not even mostly musicians ;-)), but on a large stage I prefer my analog rig because there are still a few other little "live-problems" (selfacting Wah when the bass makes the stage vibrating, no Output-Volumes-Storage, Fletcher-Munson-Effects when changing volumes, performance-Organisation, separated rig-banks for browse and performance mode).

I hope the profiling-mode once again will be "refined" in further OS-Versions to recreate the lows of a "TwoRock Custom Signature Reverb II" a bit more natural.
    I will stay with my Profiler for the next years and hope that the Kemper Team will stay with it's engagement and creativity to optimize this wonderful piece of gear further on.

• I didn't hear that, but I hope that once the profiling algorithm again will be optimized. But indeed I read a thread where somebody told, that during Profiling the lower frequencies (under 100 Hz) are supressed. Maybe this is the reason for my profiling-results with my TwoRock-Amps.

• Micing an tube amp in a way you hear all the tiny nuances,dynamics and the pure reaction to the differences of sound when working with the volume knob on your guitar was always a very difficult thing.But for some reason the guitar player does not react as sensible to bad or insufficient micing of his tube rig for his recordings compared to how furious we react to "bad" or at least insufficient miced profiles for the Kemper.In the latter case it is "the fault of the Kemper" rather than to look into the way the profile was created.This was not the same with the "history of recording tube amps".. ;)

Is there a reason why everyone out there agrees since decades that "blues is 100% a live-thang..";;;

Most of the early 50,60s and even 70s recordings have been done by then very young producers/engineers and some of their recordings were plain simple "bad".Many of the 60 & 70s guitar legends did not play as good as they could on their recordings/albums as they did during their live gigs for this reason.Is this a "taboo" to speak about;Somehow yes IMO..this issue is somehow "untouchable"..nobody will "insult" a guitar legend or his passion during his recordings.Btw..many of the recodrings done in the 80s with all the new "speciallized equipment" ended in a desaster because of lack of experience with all these new tools.Not true;

It is very easy to hammer the KPA and many,many of its profiles of lesser quality but I guess it has a lot to do with the fact that we all gained a lot of know how during the last two decades.And I mean not only the engineers & producers who "got older" and gave their knowhow to the next generation of professional engineers & producers(and ofcourse developers) but also the musician himself today has a completely different level of knowhow than he had in the past.

The Kemper will not only change the way we will use our tools for playing guitar but most of all it will also enhance our understanding of how to create guitar sound as a result of a whole recording chain beyond the amp and the cab..

• I didn't hear that, but I hope that once the profiling algorithm again will be optimized. But indeed I read a thread where somebody told, that during Profiling the lower frequencies (under 100 Hz) are supressed. Maybe this is the reason for my profiling-results with my TwoRock-Amps.

Hallo Hurricane,

no hard feelings but I kind of find that hard to believe. To the best of my knowledge: If 50Hz are delivered at profiling time the Kemper will reproduce it. After all you may play a solid bass on a diet of Kemper rigs that won't let you down as far as low frequencies are concerned. In my experience as a mixing guy and as a guitar/bass player I would not believe that guitars should be allowed to use frequencies that low in a live or in a studio situation because they'd easily interfere with bass guitar and kick drum and thus generate muddy sounds. That's why synthesizers and keyboards sometimes are very hard to handle. Amp in the room as a sole player now that's an entirely different animal.
    What does your TwoRock cabinet tells you about the frequency range?