[Solved] Git Studio volume setting

• Whenever I select "Git Studio" in the output settings, the corresponding volume parameter gets greyed out. However, the volume setting still affects the amount of volume of that output, e.g. when set to minus infinity dB, the output is silent.

Could you guys please check on your Kempers whether you experience the same behavior? Thanks in advance!

FYI: I already contacted support and I'm on OS 5.0.3

• Whenever I select "Git Studio" in the output settings, the corresponding volume parameter gets greyed out. However, the volume setting still affects the amount of volume of that output, e.g. when set to minus infinity dB, the output is silent.

Could you guys please check on your Kempers whether you experience the same behavior? Thanks in advance!

FYI: I already contacted support and I'm on OS 5.0.3

I am on 5.1.0

When I set "Git Gtudio" on "Main Output" and "Monitor Output" the corresponding volume parameters are grayed out, however the values change when I turn the knob.

When I set "Git Gtudio" on "SPDIF Output" the corresponding value is not grayed out.

When I set "SPDIF Output" to "Off" the corresponding volume parameter is not grayed out I can change value of Volume, but the output is silent.

• For "Monitor Output" when I set output to "Git Studio", changing the (grayed out) Monitor Output parameter has no effect on actual volume.

Unfortunately no way to connect my monitors to KPA Main Output since my cables are hidden in the back of interface and it is inconvenient to rehook all these cables.

• For "Monitor Output" when I set output to "Git Studio", changing the (grayed out) Monitor Output parameter has no effect on actual volume.

Unfortunately no way to connect my monitors to KPA Main Output since my cables are hidden in the back of interface and it is inconvenient to rehook all these cables.

I guess this is all as I need to know for now. Thanks a lot for the effort!

I'll have to check if it's a user error on my side or if there's something wrong in my Kemper.

• "Git Studio" relates to the direct out, so it wouldn't have any effect on the mains, Daan.

EDIT: Daan corrected me. Thank you Daan!

You can set the Main Out Source or the Monitor Out Source to Git Studio as well.

• And what is "as expected"?

With "as expected" I mean that, whenever Git Studio is selected for the corresponding output, the output volume is fixed, i.e. cannot be changed with the (greyed out) volume setting of that particular output.

"Git Studio" relates to the direct out, so it wouldn't have any effect on the mains, Daan.

You can set the Main Out Source or the Monitor Out Source to Git Studio as well.
    You can try to do this for the Main Out and turn the (greyed out) volume setting for the Main Outs and see that it still influences the actual output volume, even though it is greyed out.

I actually got a reply from support that the behaviour on their device was the same (and not intended), so they forwarded it to their developers team.
    I'll mark this as solved. Thanks for the input, guys!