kemper through bogner shiva 1x12 combo

• Hi,

I am mulling over powered vs. non-powered. I am leaning towards doing this right (or what seems to be best given all I have read) and going FRFR with a non-powered kemper but can I also use it through the effects loop return on my shiva, disabling cab simulation? I know a ton has been written here on this but I wanted to be sure I have that right. That allows me to get a feel before an FRFR investment. I wonder if anyone has done this specifically with a Shiva. Given I don't intend to play this through a cab it seems the non-powered is the way to go.

Thanks,
    Brett

• My concern is you lose the cab simulation and then you also have the power amp of the profile going into the power amp of the combo, right? So yeah, it just needs up sounding like the Shiva still (which does not suck, just what's the point).

Bit of struggle between getting the powered kemper and having the option of using a cab, like an Orange PPC112, reasonably priced new, or a non-powered through the effects loop and eventually FRFR to really benefit from profiling. Looking through the rig pics in another thread I see a ton of cabs and seemingly fewer monitors.