Tweak or Play

• The biggest difference between the KPA and modelers is (IMHO):
    When I wanted to play some guitar with my modelers - I ended spending a lot of time tweaking the thing.

This evening I wanted to continue profiling my Lonestar Special - and ended NOT profiling anything but just playing two hours with one profile - and it was exiting all the time - and I had no need to change anything ...

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• The biggest difference between the KPA and modelers is (IMHO):
    When I wanted to play some guitar with my modelers - I ended spending a lot of time tweaking the thing.

This evening I wanted to continue profiling my Lonestar Special - and ended NOT profiling anything but just playing two hours with one profile - and it was exiting all the time - and I had no need to change anything ...

+1 :)

• Yep. Me too. Its funny.
    There is loads of scope for tweaking on the KPA.
    Its just that I very rarely feel the need.
    If it is required most anything can be solved with gain/eq on the front (whaddya know? Just like an amp!)
    Then if you want something COMPLETELY different, go to definition/sag and play with the gain.
    Im way past the stage where I should be starting to nitpick with the KPA, and Im still astounded daily.
    Best piece of gear Ive bought in 35 years of guitar playing.
    Loving it.

• Agreed 100%! It is a massive difference, today I got home, plugged in, and played. Before it was more like, plug in, hmm font like that sound today, tweak, nope still not there, tweak some more, nope not yet, tweak................ Switch off and go to bed :)

Happy days indeed.

• Even using the advanced parameter I don't need more than 5 min to setup a full rig (including FX) that I like, and this starting from mostly any profile! (Some of them I cannot really use , but it would be the same with the respective amps).

Is absolutely inspiring to play with the Kemper

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• That's also my experiences. I sometimes would like to tweak a bit, but I don't now what for. It's already perfect. I just use the normal EQ parameter most of the time. The KPA is not a tweaker - it's a player!! So there will be different types of musician using the AxeFX rather then the KPA. It's ok for me if someone wants to tweak instead of playing. There are also people tuning their motorbikes the whole day instead of driving it. Why not? But not for me.

• I think I never use the Advanced parameters at all. Most of the profiles are SO great that there is no need to tweak for me. Maybe a quick adjust in Gain/EQ (it's awesome with those "physical knobs") and that's it. This thing rocks :D

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Well, if you want there is a LOT to tweak in the Kemper, and that often takes the profiles from good to exceptional....especially amp and cab menu

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I think that's why a lot of us are referring to the KPA as an amp not a modeller.
    Yes I know it doesn't amplify (except through headphones), :) , but the feeling you get and the knobs all in front of you certainly makes it feel and work like an amp.

The most surprising thing about the KPA for me has been the quality of the user Profiles, most have been excellent and some have been exceptional, the result being there is no tweaking involved.
    Actually if you think about it, Christophe Kemper did the tweaking for us, for 3 years he tweaked, now we don't need to tweak.

Most importantly for me, there is no FIZZ.
    How many years have we spent reading about the distortion fizz on other modellers, all the scientific guitarist methods/tricks to getting rid of the fizz, and 30 firmware updates later the fizz is still there. :)
    That could be the most impressive part of the KPA, the distortion, it's the finest digital distortion ever.

• It will be interesting to see the reaction when they hit the US.
    I haven't heard of anyone who has tried the kpa who hasn't preferred it to every other modeller out there.
    Some (me included) have tried it head to head with the other big player out there, and preferred the KPA on the amp/cab side by a long way.The fx sound every bit as good too. The trade off there is fewer fx routing and parameters vs ease of use (much easier!)
    There seems to be a large number of other gear users in the US who having dropped a lot of money on other gear, don't want this to be as good as it is.
    Just watch the nit picking when it does arrive.......

• It will be interesting to see the reaction when they hit the US.
    I haven't heard of anyone who has tried the kpa who hasn't preferred it to every other modeller out there.
    Some (me included) have tried it head to head with the other big player out there, and preferred the KPA on the amp/cab side by a long way.The fx sound every bit as good too. The trade off there is fewer fx routing and parameters vs ease of use (much easier!)
    There seems to be a large number of other gear users in the US who having dropped a lot of money on other gear, don't want this to be as good as it is.
    Just watch the nit picking when it does arrive.......

At TGP is going to be showtime, by sure. Take a sit, a beer and lean back...better then a movie! :D

• Yes, some competition is great - the 5.0 version of the AxeFx has now also some dynamic options in the amp block, Cliff talked about some 'amp matching feature' - and they even copied the frees bug:
    http://forum.fractalaudio.com/…74-randon-freezes-v5.html

... but they are faster at fixing it ;)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• They should also implement a "tube warmup" modelling like the KPA has.. :D

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar